editing practice

Started by Pastor Parsley, April 23, 2003, 12:58:30 PM

Pastor Parsley

I've been re-editing videos just for fun and practice.  if i watch a bad movie and i think it could be improved, i will re-edit it (just vcr to vcr).  Its kind of fun to play with.  Also you can play around, moving scenes and see what you get.  i just edited Vanilla Sky....i never liked the ending....so i changed it, then i just began changing the whole film around.  moving this scene here and that one there.  you can also turn a feature film into a short and see if you can still make it make sense.  It’s hard to do, but challenging.

Recce

umm, right. Some would say you'll burn in hell for that, but, hey, if you have fun...
"The idea had been growing in my brain for some time: TRUE force. All the king's men
                        cannot put it back together again." (Travis Bickle, "Taxi Driver")

ReelHotGames

Try editing those deleted scenes back INTO movies... I just did this for some of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets and the beginning where Harry ends up in Florishh and Botts and the Malfoys enter makes the whole opeing SOOOOOO much better, why this 1 minute didn't end up in the film boggles my mind... Yes, I am going to hell. Along with Lucas, Speilberg and every other Director who thinks they can co a special edition.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Pastor Parsley

Quote from: michael alessandroTry editing those deleted scenes back INTO movies....

great idea!