White Stripes - Maximum

Started by bonanzataz, January 08, 2003, 09:27:16 PM

bonanzataz

that's actually really good for me. my friend had tickets and i would be out of town when they were playing. now i can get the tickets if they have a rain date, but my friend will be at school... too bad for him...
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sleuth

http://www.whitestripes.com/finger.html

You can see video of the finger operation he had to have
I like to hug dogs

European Son

Bah, the Nashville show has been flat out cancelled. No rescheduling. What a tease.

Raikus

Watch the video for Hardest Button to Button:
http://www.whitestripes.com/hardestbutton.html

How would you have like to be a PA on this? Great video.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sleuth

Yeah that's damn cool, and how about the video for I Just Don't Know What To Do With Myself (directed by Sofia Coppola)

that one was sweet
I like to hug dogs

blackmamba

I saw them in concert, they are truly beautiful. I mean, Meg may not be the best drummer, but I love her anyway. She has style, she has grace, and Jack White is just soooo talented. (I saw them when they were in Detroit)

cine

I'm seeing them in concert on Nov 13, rescheduled from their Aug show. Should be great as I'll be front row. :-D

Sleuth

Quote from: CinephileI'm seeing them in concert on Nov 13, rescheduled from their Aug show. Should be great as I'll be front row. :-D

Front row?  What the fuck is this shit, seats?  Seats?!
I like to hug dogs

edison

Quote from: RaikusWatch the video for Hardest Button to Button:
http://www.whitestripes.com/hardestbutton.html

How would you have like to be a PA on this? Great video.

That is one bad ass vid.

cine

Quote from: tremolosloth
Quote from: CinephileI'm seeing them in concert on Nov 13, rescheduled from their Aug show. Should be great as I'll be front row. :-D

Front row?  What the fuck is this shit, seats?  Seats?!
I mean that its general admission so I'll be there several, several hours in advance to get right up close instead of being hundreds of people back on the floor.

MacGuffin

JACK WHITE TO QUIT MUSIC?  

Rocker JACK WHITE is so smitten with making movies, he's considering giving up his musical career for Hollywood stardom.

The Detroit guitarist has won critics over with his performance in COLD MOUNTAIN, while director ANTHONY MINGHELLA called him a "tremendous talent". But his success in the JUDE LAW/NICOLE KIDMAN film may have put his acclaimed band THE WHITE STRIPES in jeopardy.

One friend says, "He loved working on the film and he won a lot of praise for it.

"Now it looks like he's looking into going to auditions, which means the band could be under threat."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

classical gas

that's the worst news i've heard in a long time.  there's no way he's more talented as an actor than a musician.  what a sell out.

Raikus

And if acting doesn't work out he can always pursue boxing:
------------------
Police investigating clash between Jack White, another singer
Monday, December 15, 2003

BY BEN SCHMITT
FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

Wayne County Prosecutors and Detroit Police are investigating a brawl over the weekend involving White Stripes lead singer Jack White and the singer of another local band.

White, 28, of Detroit, allegedly punched Von Bondies lead singer Jason Stollsteimer seven times in the face, according to a police report. The fight broke out at 11:50 p.m. at the Majestic Theatre Center on Woodward.

Two officers from the 13th (Woodward) Precinct responded to the scene and found a bloodied Stollsteimer, who gave them a statement, before he was treated and released from Detroit Receiving Hospital.

Police reported that Stollsteimer's right eye was bruised and swollen and that he was bleeding from his nose.

White alse gave police a statement after walking into the 7th (Mack) Precinct at 12:30 a.m. Sunday. In that report, he said he struck Stollsteimer, 25, in self defense.

White told police he wanted to prosecute.

Assistant Wayne County Prosecutor Marcus Connor said his office is still waiting for police to finish their investigation.

``We will review this matter and make a determination as to whether any charges will be issued,'' he said Monday. ``The prosecutor's office is also awaiting paperwork from the 13th Precinct regarding these cross complaints.''

Stollsteimer's manager, Rick Canny, said of the incident, ``this was not a fight, this was an attack.''

White's Spokeswoman Alison Zero declined to comment on the matter Monday.

Connor said police have already taken statements from Stollsteimer, a Detroiter, and his wife.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Sigur Rós

bonanzataz

jack's crazy. i saw him at irving sometime last month and he was screaming at the audience members who were crowd surfing and calling them "stupid fraternity fucks!" it was great. meg got up and sang in the cold cold night while her tight tight pants rode up her veej and her hair was all tussled up like she'd just had wild sex beforehand. meg rocks.

i was inspired to replace my stolen copy of elephant the next day and got it on VINYL. it's awesome. one record is clear red, the other is white.

if jack quits music i'll kill him  in his sleep.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls