Dogville DVD

Started by kotte, March 09, 2004, 02:16:04 AM

kotte

I thought the DVD deserves its own thread.

I can honestly say I think Dogville Confessions is better than That Moment. That Moment is longer and pretty fucking great but DC has some great moments (Nicole's and Lars' hug, Paul frustrated, "How can I direct you if I can't touch you?" etc etc)...and there's more on-set interaction.

and I could never believe Dogville had so many effects shots...damn.

"I think I heard alot of actors leave...it was a wonderful sound." :)

Stefen

What dvd is this? The french one? Sadly I still havent seen this movie and am thinking I never will. I'm living on a diet consisting of element of crime and dancer in the dark. Someday a region 1 dogville dvd will come out, and the day before I will get hit by a car.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

kotte

Quote from: StefenWhat dvd is this?

SE 2 Disc Region 2...great DVD.

rustinglass

It will be distributed in portugal soon... an equivalent to the danish edition.
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

mogwai

Quote from: kotteSE 2 Disc Region 2...great DVD.

front cover:

SiliasRuby

I really like this cover
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

mogwai

i love this actress:

her name is cleo king, also known as marcie from "magnolia".

cine

kotte

Quote from: mogwaiher name is cleo king, also known as marcie from "magnolia".

That's Marcie from Magnolia?? I didn't know that...cool.. :)

rustinglass

neither did I. another pta-lvt colaboration...interesting
SPOILERS
I love that part in the documentary right before they shoot the rape scene, when nicole and stellan are having this private conversation-preparation for the scene, you can see there is some tension, then lars opens the door and says something like: "Ok, it's time, lets go."

after the shoot her face is like "how could you do this to me, lars?" and starts crying in his arms. beautiful.[/b]
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

Slick Shoes

I haven't seen this yet.. I hope that wasn't a spoiler.

Pedro

Quote from: Slick ShoesI haven't seen this yet.. I hope that wasn't a spoiler.

it must be

;eafh;lasfd;lkj rwae[uds;lkj lkjasfd;lkjdsfa ;l ;a;lfd;lkaj;l !!!!

Find Your Magali

Quote from: mogwaii love this actress:

her name is cleo king, also known as marcie from "magnolia".

She had a great guest role in Six Feet Under. Season 2, I believe.

kotte

Quote from: Slick ShoesI haven't seen this yet.. I hope that wasn't a spoiler.

I think you should assume there are spoilers in every forum except the Grapevine one...

rustinglass

-Emir Kusturica