ED WOOD DVD

Started by Alexandro, October 11, 2003, 12:13:58 PM

bonanzataz

shit. JUST after i bought the region 2. god smiles upon my misfortune.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Ravi

Quote from: bonanzatazshit. JUST after i bought the region 2. god smiles upon my misfortune.

If you're not happy with the r2 disc, you can eBay it before word spreads about the r1 version.

samsong

Quote from: bonanzatazshit. JUST after i bought the region 2. god smiles upon my misfortune.

Um.... besides the transfer (I'm assuming r1 will be ntsc) the two dvds are identical.  Plus I think the Region 2 is cheaper (at least from where I bought it).  I'm perfectly content, in fact GIDDY about the r2 DVD... everything I could've wanted.  Raging Bull r2, however, leaves much to be desired.  BUT I have the movie and that's all that matters to me right now... I'll probably pick up the r1 as soon as mgm gets their fucking asses into gear.

cine

Quote from: samsongRaging Bull r2, however, leaves much to be desired.
Just like the region1. :( I want better Scorsese DVD's.

samsong

well, with the r1 dvd you can at least tell that it doesnt have much with it.  The r2 i got was a special edition.  Transfer is pretty good, but the extras are a joke.  There's a 24 minute doc about the film that is awesome but that's about it... the special features start and end there.  The rest is absolute shit, except a newsreel of one of La Motta's actual fights.

But I'm glad I finally have the movie.

and I agree... need better Scorsese DVDs.  Supposedly next year will be one for the Scorsese fans.  There's a rumored plethora of Scorsese special editions coming out next year of all his greats already on DVD, plus After Hours and his earlier films like Alice Doesnt Live Here Anymore and Who's That Knocking at My Door?  If that's true, I'll be fucking ecstatic... with Ikiru and The Rules of the Game + Tati films coming out on Criterion, I'll already be in DVD heaven.

SoNowThen

YES!!!YES!!!! I knew it had to happen sometime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

ALSO, according to dvdfile, it will be TWO DISCS.  :-D
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

tpfkabi

i rented this on video a few weeks ago. i didn't really like it that much. i really like Beetlejuice and Ed S. do i need to see an actual Ed Wood film to appreciate it more? has anyone seen any Wood films?
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

bonanzataz

i've seen ed wood films, but only after i saw tim burton's movie and loved it too intensely.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Alethia

Quote from: samsong
Supposedly next year will be one for the Scorsese fans.  There's a rumored plethora of Scorsese special editions coming out next year of all his greats already on DVD, plus After Hours and his earlier films like Alice Doesnt Live Here Anymore and Who's That Knocking at My Door?  If that's true, I'll be fucking ecstatic... with Ikiru and The Rules of the Game + Tati films coming out on Criterion, I'll already be in DVD heaven.

sweet mother of all that is good and pure.....

Rudie Obias

i'm actually gonna get this.  it's one the the few tim burton films i actually really like.  but besides all that, he's still a hack....
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

MacGuffin

Source: The Digital Bits

Well, here's disappointing news. Buena Vista's Ed Wood: Special Edition (previously scheduled for release on 2/3) has been indefinitely delayed... again. We've been receiving a lot of e-mails from our retail sources over the last 12 hours, and we've just heard official word from the studio. We have no idea why this might be happening, or when the title might be re-slated for release, but you can be sure we'll update you with anything we hear.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

SoNowThen

well... um... the bright side?? It makes Feb a little easier on the wallet...

ah... yeah, I know

fuck
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

modage

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! :shock:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

cine

Feb 3 is going to hell.