Interpol

Started by TenseAndSober, March 30, 2003, 05:30:28 PM

abbey road

i seriously just got this cd beacuase it was cheap and i listened to the 1st song and thought it was cool--- but now i listen to it all the time, interpool is so amazing!
"we'll meet again in a life when we are both cats"
"you are what you love, not what loves you"
"I don't think your an asshole Royal, I just think you're kind of a son of a bitch"
"royal with cheese"
"i'm sure you have no idea what i'm talking about...but don't worry...you will someday"

modage

the new interpol album has leaked for anyone who is interested.  i never really cared for them but i'm giving it a shot anyways.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

I really like Interpol... mainly because Joy Division came to an end too soon and of all the recent ripoff/retro bands, Interpol seems to do it the best.

I'll be interested to hear if they move in another direction... have to wait to get home to try to D/L though.

Pwaybloe

Quote from: RegularKarateI really like Interpol... mainly because Joy Division came to an end too soon and of all the recent ripoff/retro bands, Interpol seems to do it the best.

I've heard very little music from Joy Division, but that name keeps popping up when the conversation of Interpol comes around.  Interestingly enough, New Order never comes up.

RegularKarate

Well, oddly enough, Interpol sounds more like Joy Division than New Order sounds like Joy Division (with the exception of some of NO's really early stuff).

i'm only two and a half songs into Antics... so far, it sounds like these songs could have fit on last album... which isn't that big of a problem... just will probably go bland a lot quicker.

Rudie Obias

new interpol album = amazing!!!!  antics is damn right!
\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

Sleuth

Really?  Because I thought it was fucking boring
I like to hug dogs

bigperm

IMO, it's a notch down from the first. It's growing on me, not bad, just nothing to get nuts about.
Safe As Milk

mogwai

sick stuff!

interpol have told nme.com about the torturous process of recording their second album 'antics', with singer paul banks admitting that it nearly drove him to a breakdown.

the band spent the early part of this year recording the follow-up to 'turn on the bright lights' at tarkan studios in bridgeport connecticut, the same place they made their debut.

but for banks, the pressure of following up the runaway success of their first album made him physically sick. "it drove me to the edge," he said. "i got physically ill, i was vomiting from staying so focused for so long. the last couple of weeks i was really nauseous. everything was going great, but it was the hardest thing i'd ever done by a long way, so part of me felt it was good because now i'm so proud i don't give a fuck what comes of it. what i earned from that is the privilege of feeling comfortable with this record. but i paid the price of going through that. "there was this bar i used to escape to. a real shithole dive bar. i made some local friends. sometimes i'd go and play pool by myself to get a fresh perspective. but it consumed all things, it wasn't like i thought 'oh fuck, i wish i could go bowling with my friends back home.' it was more like the record, the record, the record. it was all i was capable of thinking of. which is why i let myself get a little too consumed with it. luckily, the art didn't suffer for it. i suffered."

'antics' is due for release on september 27, although it has become the latest victim to a security breach, with tracks appearing online in the last month.

n.m.e.

Sigur Rós

Quote from: mogwaitarkan

my comeback post....

Pedro

the new one is pretty good.

much slower growing on me than the first though.

Pwaybloe

Anyone seen the video for "Evil?"  Bizarre.

Click here.

Sleuth

Quote from: PwaybloeAnyone seen the video for "Evil?"  Bizarre.

Click here.

Haha, that's one of the worst videos ever, I love it
I like to hug dogs

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Sleuth
Quote from: PwaybloeAnyone seen the video for "Evil?"  Bizarre.

Click here.

Haha, that's one of the worst videos ever, I love it
what a fucking peice of shit
...your excuses are your own...

Reinhold

i just picked up Turn on the Bright lights

i like the music very much, but what catches my attention is that it's so beautifully produced.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.