Apple's online music store

Started by Jeremy Blackman, May 01, 2003, 02:13:35 PM

Jeremy Blackman

I hate to triple post, but...

I burned a CD of purchased music, and iTunes burns ACC in AIFF format. I guess it has to, doesn't it.. hmmm....

modage

just a quick rant...

i've never bought an album from iTunes, only misc songs (and only from albums i wont ever buy).  the reason is i'm still not comfortable paying 10$ for something i cant even have a physical reminder/backup of.  one thing that bugs me about iTunes is that they sell singles from albums in advance of their release, which is stupid because i cant justify buying a song or two and then spending more money on those songs again when i buy the album.  even if it is $1, its a waste.  SO, on the new Madonna single, i see if you pre-order the album you get the single now.  says pay only .99 and then when the album comes out you'll be billed the rest for that.  so i was thinking (even though i wouldn't buy this album) THAT's what they SHOULD do!  if you buy the album you are discounted the price of the song you already bought off it.  BUT, thats not the case!  in a clever trick iTunes is charging $12.99 for the album (not the usual 9.99) BUT the fucking albums only 12 songs!  so guess what that extra .99 is?  yep, your stupid single that you're paying for twice.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Kal

thats how their stock is highest than ever... they found the way to make real money and they wont give anything away :)

Pubrick

suckers. it's only ur guilt that makes u pay.
under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

It's not guilt at all. It's just decency. I know the money generally doesn't go to the artist, so one can't literally claim that it's for the artist's sake, but it's a good standard to have -  and for artists who release their albums themselves, it's especially important.

Jeremy Blackman

I buy songs on iTunes when I can't find good quality versions elsewhere.

polkablues

I'm growing to love iTunes.  I just bought

and

New albums by two of my favorite artists released on the same day, and thanks to Apple I can own them mere instants after I've learned about their existence. 

I do miss liner notes a little, but it's a changing world.  You've gotta roll with it.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

how is the new placebo?  i don't like them but some of their singles are so rocking, like 'this picture'.
context, context, context.

polkablues

Quote from: cronopio on April 05, 2006, 07:02:13 PM
how is the new placebo?  i don't like them but some of their singles are so rocking, like 'this picture'.

Haven't listened to it yet.  I'll let you know.

Quote from: Pubrick on April 05, 2006, 11:58:08 AM
thanks i'm stealing them. :yabbse-smiley:

When you get sent to prison, pick a fight with the biggest guy you see when you first get there.  That way everyone thinks you're crazy and won't mess with you.

My house, my rules, my coffee