Nirvana

Started by Spike, September 08, 2003, 06:27:10 AM

Spike

There's no Nirvana-thread to date, so I'll open one.
Nirvana is my favourite band ever. I really enjoyed each of their songs, especially "In Bloom", "Love Buzz", "Pennyroyal Tea", "Heart-Shaped Box", "Lithium" and "Smells Like Teen Spirit".
Really a shame that Kurt Cobain shot himself.

So, what do you think about Nirvana?
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

Cecil

meatwad

In Utero is a classic album. And i personally love Incesticide. Molly's Lips is such a great song. I think it is a cover, i don't know who of though

Sleuth

I'm a Nirvana fan, but it just seems silly to say that.  That's like saying, "I think the Beatles were good too"
I like to hug dogs

luctruff

i love nirvana, for different reasons now then when i was younger....it's great to see people that i work with sing along to their songs and they were only six years old when 'smells like teen spirit' came out....i was ten at the time....it's weird they debuted almost fifteen years ago....where does the time go?
"Every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

Pedro

I used to love them, but I've grown to dislike them.  All but their Unplugged album Live in New York, which i still think is great.

NEON MERCURY

i not a fan that much anymore........

i think i know what ruined it for me though..
remeber when he commited suicide i was i high schol others may havn't been born yet and others may have been in grade school and others may have been in pre-school....but after the tragic event the FAIRWEATHER FANS took over and it went all down hill from their ...so for all the true nirvana fans i feel ya.

nirvana has the worst fake fanbase..the fans ruin it for everyone

some of you guys know what i mean ....

Sleuth

I think the Beatles have the worst fairweather fans
I like to hug dogs

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: tremoloslothI think the Beatles have the worst fairweather fans

...you might be right b/c they are so popular.......

Ghostboy

I didn't get into them unti later, after Kurt was dead. A movie about Nirvana is the only true-story I'd ever like to tell on film. I know exactly how I'd begin it. I remember the day of his suicide and some kid showed up to school with his name carved in his arm and that made a really big impression on me. I tried to capture something of what they meant to people in my first film, Lullaby, but it didn't come across too well.

Banky

Quote from: GhostboyI didn't get into them unti later, after Kurt was dead. A movie about Nirvana is the only true-story I'd ever like to tell on film. I know exactly how I'd begin it. I remember the day of his suicide and some kid showed up to school with his name carved in his arm and that made a really big impression on me. I tried to capture something of what they meant to people in my first film, Lullaby, but it didn't come across too well.

i really want to read your stuff

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: GhostboyA movie about Nirvana is the only true-story I'd ever like to tell on film. I know exactly how I'd begin it. I remember the day of his suicide and some kid showed up to school with his name carved in his arm and that made a really big impression on me.

Ghostboy:  .just curious are you saying that the impression was "boy that s crazy she got way to carried away for a musician she's insane"

or:..is it"kurt had a captivating(or insert a word from a thesarous that idicates mesmerizing et al) hold on her she carved it into her arm even"..
just wondering your intentions

Ghostboy

The latter. I wanted to know what it was like to feel so strongly about something that you'd cut yourself like that.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: GhostboyI wanted to know what it was like to feel so strongly about something that you'd cut yourself like that.

you see what i just quoted..?...sounds like a good premise....best of luck.. :yabbse-thumbup:

Just Withnail

They're my favorite band, but I've grown sick and tired of talking about them, you know? Like you all mention The Beatles, it's the same with them.

"Hey, you know, my favorite band is the Beatles."
"Yep, they sure are great."
"Yep, they sure are."
"..."
"..."

Anyway, I don't want to kill the topic. Please discuss, maybe I'll join in.

QuoteA movie about Nirvana is the only true-story I'd ever like to tell on film.

Ghostboy, I you never end up doing this, I promise you I will. The thing that bothers me though, is that Ewan McGregor is perfect for the role, today, and will be to old the day someone decides to do this. Too bad, I'll see if I can find some pictures to compare, in certain poses, they're nearly identical. And for all you Nirvana fans out there, you all oughta read "Come As You Are", and the Kurt bio "Heavier than Heaven". I got shivers down my spine when I read the last page of "Heaven", it's really good.

-----

Fuck, I think I killed the thread.  :(

Anyone looking foreward to the Rarities Box Set rumored to be coming next year? (I sure am)