the vocalist

Started by Vile5, September 10, 2003, 07:17:11 PM

aclockworkjj

Quote from: phil marloweand btw the greatest vocalist ever is called mike patton. mike among friends.
haha...that the dude from Faith No More right???

phil marlowe

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: phil marloweand btw the greatest vocalist ever is called mike patton. mike among friends.
haha...that the dude from Faith No More right???
yes, umm...is that funny?

aclockworkjj

Quote from: phil marloweyes, umm...is that funny?
hey serious guy....I have the a few of their albums....just haven't thought about them in a long time.  

:::throws The Real Thing in the disc drive:::

phil marlowe

Quote from: aclockworkjj
Quote from: phil marloweyes, umm...is that funny?
hey serious guy....I have the a few of their albums....just haven't thought about them in a long time.  

:::throws The Real Thing in the disc drive:::
the real thing is a piece of shit album, their last three albums is where it's at you sad sad person.

Vile5

my brother used to be a Faith No More's fan, i need a cd of them to remind old times...

and talking about vocalists i forgot this one too (jesus! i like many vocalists...)

i liked him since Soundgarden and i'll follow him any band he'll be :)
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

RegularKarate

Quote from: phil marlowe
the real thing is a piece of shit album, their last three albums is where it's at you sad sad person.

Naw, dog, the Real Thing is good.   Better than Album of the Year IMO

But Patton is the man... nothing beats FNM's cover of Glory Box and Fantomas cut dick, but Bungle's in my jungle.

luctruff

greatest vocalist...i may butcher the name, but it's the singer from sublime...bradley nowell....

"we're all going to die for our own arrogance
that's why we might as well take our time"
"Every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"

phil marlowe

Quote from: RegularKarateNaw, dog, the Real Thing is good.   Better than Album of the Year IMO

But Patton is the man... nothing beats FNM's cover of Glory Box and Fantomas cut dick, but Bungle's in my jungle.
the real thing better than album of the year? no way man, album of the year is a masterpiece and up there with angel dust. patton wasn't even that involved on the real thing, the material was there when he joined.

the man is a genius just look at his resume, fnm, bungle, fanthomas, tomahawk, the dillinger ep and lovage and now he's working with dan the automater again in a project called peeping tom.

i put mr bungle as one the greatest bands ever.

aclockworkjj

Quote from: phil marlowei put mr bungle as one the greatest bands ever.
i think that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard you say.  Sorry, good, but not great.

phil marlowe

Quote from: aclockworkjji think that is the dumbest thing I have ever heard you say.  Sorry, good, but not great.
who cares what you think, your a moron.

Vile5

someone remember her?? great vocalist too

NEON MERCURY

..um..

boNO
..vedder
ashcroft
bowie..
M.JamesK.
..lanegan.
cornell.
waters..
and lotsa  others..

pookiethecat

well i really respond to the following people's vocals even if i don't enjoy their music as a whole

brad nowell- when it cracks, i find that really sexy

bono- it's just powerful and filled with emotion

fiona apple- very sexy, sinewy stuff, smoky and world-weary but very vulnerable

jeff buckley- best vocal range in rock n roll

rodger daltrey- pure machismo,  this guy's voice is as alert and ready for action as an erect penis.  (ok shut up i know it's a weird comparison but i just did a report on freud so i got the phallic shit in my head)

robbie williams- this guy's voice can transition between so many different emotions.  he's really a great showman

crispin mills- (kula shaker)- this guy's voice is the epitome of how appealing cynicism can be

beck- when he sings "debra" i just wanna cry.  this guy doesn't have much range or tone but dude, he sings with an equal amount of passion and intellect.  he's pouring his mind and his heart out.that's what i love about him

rufus wainwright- this guy's voice makes me want to be a homosexual male.

george michael- ditto

pj harvey- if tori amos were good, she'd sound like this (no offense tori fans)

laura nyro- man her voice was so rich and bluesy.  i love the way she made her voice adjust to match what genre she was in

sheryl crow- dude, i know i know. she ain't that great now.  but if you listen to tuesday night music club, there's genuine aww shucks working class sexy charisma there.

meshell ndegeocello- sultry shit man

rivers cuomo- my opinions on weezer are mixed but this guy's voice really can evoke a lot of intelligent teen angst in just a couple notes
i wanna lick 'em.

freakerdude

Robert Plant
Roger Daltry
Bob Marley
Rob Halford's early years with Judas Priest - DAMN that guy had high end and could do it better live.......unlike many
Maynard
Geddy Lee of Rush
Perry Farrell
Chris Cornell
Corgan - from Gish and Siamese Dream
Sade`
Bjork
Fiona Apple
MC Pee Pants

Vile5

Quote from: freakerdudeSade`

how could i forget her??!!! she is great!!