Paris, Je T'aime

Started by Sleepless, October 15, 2004, 08:13:57 AM

pete

very emotional all around.  it was good, I enjoyed even the moments I would never buy in an actual film.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

w/o horse

The first one and Alexander Payne's were my favorite.  Craven's and the vampire one before his, that was quite like a vampire commercial as Hedwig says, were my least favorite.  Doyle's stood out as unique and opaque.  Oh I really enjoyed the man-meeting-wife-who-had-deadly-disease one too.

Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

The Red Vine

Part of the film's problem is the short films being...well, too short. Perhaps if there weren't so many three to five minute vignettes, the feature could've really built to something. A few of them are funny and more engaging than others but they all feel like little quirky bits that never build momentum. When you string them all together into a feature, the result is unsatisfying, uneven and eventually dull.

I think Cuaron and the Coens did the best with what little time they had. Cuaron is obviously still in love with those continuous shots.
"No, really. Just do it. You have some kind of weird reasons that are okay.">

B.C. Long

Quote from: RedVines on June 15, 2007, 07:14:38 PM
Cuaron is obviously still in love with those continuous shots.

It's also a little funny that it ended with a baby in a stroller crying.

w/o horse

Quote from: RedVines on June 15, 2007, 07:14:38 PM
Part of the film's problem is the short films being...well, too short. Perhaps if there weren't so many three to five minute vignettes, the feature could've really built to something.

I have a grandfather who has a similar opinion of films, but he says, "Blasted is any movie over an hour and a half."

It was a collection of short films and you liked some and didn't like others.  Hardly a peculiar trait that's exclusive to this anthology.
Raven haired Linda and her school mate Linnea are studying after school, when their desires take over and they kiss and strip off their clothes. They take turns fingering and licking one another's trimmed pussies on the desks, then fuck each other to intense orgasms with colorful vibrators.

ponceludon

Maggie Gyllenhaal's French is quite good.

pete

Quote from: Losing the Horse: on June 26, 2007, 02:29:40 PM
I have a grandfather who has a similar opinion of films, but he says, "Blasted is any movie over an hour and a half."

I wish my grandfather was as eloquent, but he usually says "snore" and then wakes up towards the climax, asking me why T800 and T1000 are fighting each other.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton