The Tourist

Started by Sleepless, September 15, 2010, 06:30:58 PM

Sleepless

Trailer:

http://movies.yahoo.com/feature/movie-talk-jolie-and-depp-get-close-in-the-trailer-for-the-tourist.html

That actually looks really good. I like fat Johnny Depp. It's like he ate Russell Crowe.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

Can you imagine that poster without those two huge faces and their names splattered across it?

"It all started when he met a woman. The Tourist. Oh and here's a tiny building."

I'm... intrigued. No, wait, the other one.. bored shitless.
under the paving stones.

Pas

hahaha God what a poster. The eyes, the facial hair, the plastic skin, the hugeness of it all. Also, fuck Depp and Jolie. They're the worst.

children with angels

Quote from: Some dude
hey Pas, maybe stop automatically agreeing with all of P's personal thoughts.

:yabbse-grin:

"Should I bring my own chains?"
"We always do..."

http://www.alternatetakes.co.uk/
http://thelesserfeat.blogspot.com/

Pas

Quote from: children with angels on October 01, 2010, 07:04:23 AM
hey Pas, maybe stop automatically agreeing with all of P's personal thoughts.

:yabbse-grin:

Hahaha  :whip:

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

polkablues

I finally saw the trailer.  Huh.  I think Angelina's dialect coach was Henry Higgins.
My house, my rules, my coffee

Pozer

squints

"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Pas

Quote from: squints on October 01, 2010, 11:31:03 AM
yes, why is she?

hahaha

To answer the question though, which I guess was 'why is she annoying' ?

Stuff like this:

"Angelina's life changed after she visited Ethiopia [to adopt Zahara]. Whenever she's there, there's often no food for her and she goes without. She's become used to periods of very little or no food, so she has a much smaller appetite and a different attitude to eating because of it. It's hard for her to get back to the US and sit in a very expensive restaurant and order freely. She sees food differently and she feels guilty about what she has and so she eats similar to the so many starving people who she wants to help."

Stefen

People like Depp, Jolie and Pitt crack me up. They're basically dumbasses. They're not educated and they got by on their looks their whole lives, but people always think they're so mysterious and then they equate that to intelligence. No, they just keep their mouths shut because they're idiots. Oh, Johnny Depp lives in France! He's cultured and educated. haha, no, he's just an idiot. Brad Pitt sits around smoking pot all day. A conversation with him would be dumb because he's an idiot. Oh, look how sultry Angelina Jolie is! I bet she's real smart! No, she's a dumbass. There's a reason you don't see these three hosting SNL or making the talk show rounds. It's not because they're mysterious, it's because they're dolts and the second they open their mouths or have to do something spontaneous, their cover is blown. Clooney and Damon they are not.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

Pas

Quote from: children with angels on October 01, 2010, 07:04:23 AM
hey Pas, maybe stop automatically agreeing with all of Stefen's personal thoughts.

Alexandro

Nah. Good actors tend to be smart people. Are those guys sell-outs? Yes. Are they idiots? No.
Depp is still pretty great, but he's not really trying anymore, he's not challenging himself anymore. Maybe he doesn't give a fuck.
Jolie sleepwalks through everything and then bam, she just nails something like Changeling with such precision. Pitt does the same.

modage

Quote from: P on October 01, 2010, 03:30:40 AM
Can you imagine that poster without those two huge faces and their names splattered across it?

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.