:roll:  ooooooooohhhhhhhh hehe
Si

ElPandaRoyal

QuotePlus, Lisa Marie is a stupid bitch

Is she? (she also very hot)
Si

Pwaybloe

She is.

For someone as ugly as Tim Burton, he ought to be counting his blessings dating two hot women back to back.  Also, I've never agreed with the theory the grass is greener on the other side.

Alexandro

I think Sleepy Hollow was great...

It's not suposed to be deep on any level and it's not even supposed to be taken seriously...it's an horror film from the screenplay but Burton made it a comedy, and that was a good choice, cause everything looks so unreal that only with that tone and with those performances the movie would work...I mean if you think Johnny Depp's performance was not a comedic one, then what was it???

It's like a cartoon coming to life, and it works in some thrills but it's mainly a comedy, a fun movie...it's not supposed to be The Shinning or Halloween or Rosemary's Baby...Even Christopher Walken, looking that scary, it's fun to watch...

ElPandaRoyal

QuoteFor someone as ugly as Tim Burton, he ought to be counting his blessings dating two hot women back to back.

Maybe the fact the he is a fucking great director may be a reason for women to like him. And I always like to believe that women don't care ONLY about how you look (but that's because I'm no Brad Pitt myself...).

As for Sleepy Hollow, I put it right there with Batman Returns, Edward Scissorhands and Ed Wood as Burton's masterpieces.
Si

MrBurgerKing

So dissapointing when I hear that guys like BURTON and POLANSKI are choosing to do remakes / reimaginings. Why waste a spot on your filmography when you could make something totally original?

I wonder what Dave Thomas' reasoning was behind constantly introducing and taking away items from the Wendy's menu list. I do miss that monteray ranch chicken sandwich, just brilliant, but Dave couldn't decide whether or not to keep it on the menu forever.

MacGuffin

DIRECTOR TIM BURTON'S TIMEX TV ADS

Here are a couple of old TV commericals from Director Tim Burton.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Ghostboy

My dream girl does exist!

shinwa

Sleepy Hollow is one of the funniest things I've ever seen, and the images are great as usual.
Run until you puke blood.
Practice until you piss blood.
- Ping Pong

modage

Johnny Depp Joins Burton's Corpse Bride
Source: Variety Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Variety reports the following:

"Before he toplines back-to-back "Pirates of the Caribbean""Pirates of the Caribbean" sequels, Johnny DeppJohnny Depp will first pull double duty for Tim BurtonTim Burton and Warner Bros.
Already booked to play Willy Wonka in the Burton-directed "Charlie and the Chocolate Factory," Depp has just made a deal to provide the lead voice in "Corpse Bride," the stop-motion animated film Burton is co-directing with Michael Johnson and producing with Allison Abbate.

Depp, Helena Bonham Carter, Emily Watson, Albert Finney, Richard Grant, Joanna Lumley and Christopher Lee will provide character voices for the latter film, being made in London simultaneously with "Charlie."

WB will release the Wonka pic July 15, 2005, and "Corpse Bride" in October 2005.

Latter film shares the stop-motion animation technique used in the Burton-produced "The Nightmare Before Christmas," as well as a similarly charming but macabre setting. In a 19th-century European village, Victor (Depp) travels to the underworld for a quickie wedding to a mysterious corpse bride (Bonham Carter) while his living wife (Watson) pines for his return."
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

The Perineum Falcon

from IGN.com:

See Burton's Bride

The Corpse Bride and a new Wonka still.

December 21, 2004 - We have two pics from two flicks by Tim Burton for your viewing pleasure today, courtesy of Warner Bros. Pictures. The first is a look at the stop-motion animated fantasy Tim Burton's Corpse Bride and the second is a tasty morsel of pictorial goodness from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

The bizarrely cool image below depicts Victoria, voiced by Emily Watson, and Victor, voiced by Johnny Depp in Corpse Bride. The film, which Burton directs with Mike Johnson, was inspired by a 19th Century folktale about a man who mistakenly weds a corpse. The voice cast also includes Helena Bonham Carter, Albert Finney and Christopher Lee.  It's expected to hit theaters in Fall 2005.

Burton's wildly imaginative take on the beloved Roald Dahl classic, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, follows eccentric chocolatier Willy Wonka (Depp) and Charlie, a good-hearted boy from a poor family who lives in the shadow of Wonka's extraordinary factory.  Long isolated from his own family, Wonka launches a worldwide contest to select an heir to his candy empire. Five lucky children, including Charlie, draw golden tickets from Wonka chocolate bars and win a guided tour of the legendary candy-making facility that no outsider has seen in 15 years. Dazzled by one amazing sight after another, Charlie is drawn into Wonka's fantastic world in this astonishing and enduring story.

The still features cast members (left to right) Freddie Highmore, David Kelly, Julia Winter, Franziska Troegner, James Fox, Annasophia Robb, Missi Pyle, Johnny Depp, Adam Godley and Jordan Fry.   Look for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory in theaters in July 2005.

Larger Versions can be seen here:

Corpse Bride
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

modage

just a heads up to any other Tim Burton fanatics in the NY area with $40 burning a hole in their pockets...

an evening with
TIM BURTON
and advance screening of
TIM BURTON'S CORPSE BRIDE

Special ticket prices: $30 Film Society of Lincoln Center Members; $40 general public.

Join us for a special evening with Tim Burton on Monday, September 12 at 8 pm, and an advance screening of his latest stop-motion animated feature Tim Burton's Corpse Bride.   The film will be followed by an on-stage conversation with Mr. Burton and Film Society Program Director Richard Peña and Q&A discussion with the audience. http://www.filmlinc.com/wrt/programs/9-2005/corpsebride.htm
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

MacGuffin

Tim Burton to direct Killers video?

Tim Burton will apparently direct a video for a forthcoming single by The Killers, it has been claimed.

The acclaimed film-maker, who's movie credits include Edward Scissorhands, Batman, and Charlie & The Chocolate Factory, is understood to be a huge fan of the Las Vegas rockers.

Apparently Burton visited the group in a London studio as they worked on their currently untitled second album, and suggested shooting the promo film.

According to varying reports online today, Burton is expected to work on a video for either "Bones" or "Read My Mind," both of which feature on the forthcoming LP.

The Killers are scheduled to release their new single, "When You Were Young," on September 18.

Dia de los muertos
Source: themoviecenter

Tim Burton on the Appeal of the Dead: Burton's been dealing with the subject of dead people (and animals) since his 1984 short, "Frankenweenie." Why is the subject so fascinating to the filmmaker? Burton says, "Well, I think dealing with the undead comes from growing up in Burbank, sort of a suburban kind of feeling of like 'Night of the Living Dead' during the day with the bright sunlight. No, I don't know. I just always liked monster movies. I was always sort of fascinated by [them].

Growing up in a culture where death is looked upon as a dark subject and then, you know, living so close to Mexico where you see the Day of the Dead, where the skeletons and it's all humor and, you know, music and dancing and a celebration of life in a way. And that just sort of always felt more [like a] positive approach to things, you know? So I think I always responded much more to that than this dark unspoken cloud in the kind of environment I grew up in."

Tim Burton Shares His Views on the Afterlife: "You know, I have no idea what happens. But like I said, I do respond to other cultures that treat life with a much more positive approach. I think this other form teaches, especially when you are a child, it teaches you almost to be afraid of everything and feel like something bad is always going to happen. Whereas that other way seems like a much more spiritual and positive approach. That's as far as I go because I really have no idea what will happen."

Tim Burton and the 'Outcast' Qualities of His Actors: Burton says that's something he specifically looks for. "Yeah, of course. Like Johnny, I think that's one of the reasons I responded to him when I first met him on 'Edward Scissorhands.' He is sort of looked upon as this handsome leading man but I don't think in his heart he felt that way. That's why he wanted to do 'Edward Scissorhands' was because he understood that story of being perceived as one thing and being something else. Does that same thing hold true when it comes to Helena Bonham Carter? "Same thing. If you read the London papers she's one of the worst dressed people in the history of Britain or some sort of posh aristocrat, you know? She is completely misperceived. It maybe bothers her a little bit but once you get labeled, there's really not much you can do about it. But there's something about it I'm sure she feels."

Tim Burton's future projects: "Well, I'm currently working on Sweeny Todd, which will be released in mid-2007. After that, I'm gonna start working on a new script that was sent to me recently: Grim Fandango. It sort of follows the style of The Nightmare Before Christmas and Corpse Bride. It's about a surreal land of the dead, some sort of purgatory where everyone goes when they die. In that place, dead people have to make a four-year transition before they can rest in peace for all the eternity. I still don't know when we're going to start filming this, though.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Grim Fandango was a LucasArts computer game.  tell me that Tim Burton does not really like The Killers.

polkablues

Quote from: modage on July 14, 2006, 03:45:57 PM
Grim Fandango was a LucasArts computer game.

That's wild.  Literally two days ago, I saw that game on my shelf, pulled it out and started replaying it.  I love that game; it could make an amazing movie, especially if they do it stop-motion.

My only concern is that they won't use the guy who did the voice for the main character in the game.  I feel like I know Mannie Calavera too well that it would be incredibly distracting having Johnny Depp or whoever's voice coming out of him.
My house, my rules, my coffee