wats with his dvd's?..

Started by Anonymous, January 27, 2003, 12:11:09 PM

jokerspath

Wow, I'm glad I read that Q&A thing w/ Harlan.

I have yet to buy the Kubrick box set (I already had a few of the DVDs) and recently made the mistake of buying the Deluxe Edition of 2001 (such a waste of money for nothing more than a booklet and a film frame) so I'll continue to hold out if this new box set might come around...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

Royal Tenenbaum

Another box? Fuck that. I already bought it the bastards.  :(

Fernando

Quote from: Royal TenenbaumAnother box? Fuck that. I already bought it the bastards.  :(

Maybe it could be a good time to sell it, I don't think many people know about this, not that you would screw them because the new one hasn't been put on sale yet nor has a release date, but the value of the older box set will drop when the new one comes out (IMO).

godardian

Quote from: Fernando
Quote from: Royal TenenbaumAnother box? Fuck that. I already bought it the bastards.  :(

Maybe it could be a good time to sell it, I don't think many people know about this, not that you would screw them because the new one hasn't been put on sale yet nor has a release date, but the value of the older box set will drop when the new one comes out (IMO).

I sold my old one for a nice price on half.com earlier this year.
""Money doesn't come into it. It never has. I do what I do because it's all that I am." - Morrissey

"Lacan stressed more and more in his work the power and organizing principle of the symbolic, understood as the networks, social, cultural, and linguistic, into which a child is born. These precede the birth of a child, which is why Lacan can say that language is there from before the actual moment of birth. It is there in the social structures which are at play in the family and, of course, in the ideals, goals, and histories of the parents. This world of language can hardly be grasped by the newborn and yet it will act on the whole of the child's existence."

Stay informed on protecting your freedom of speech and civil rights.

modage

i still have the first one, so i am waiting for this one.  (can you guys really deal with not having the kubrick set for MONTHS? if you intend to sell it early that is.)  sounds painful to me.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

bonanzataz

Quote from: themodernage02Spy Kids 4: We will gouge your eyeballs out and skull-fuck you
coming soon.  this film is not yet rated.

who is the one that coined that catchphrase? was it you?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Pubrick

Quote from: bonanzatazwho is the one that coined that catchphrase?
under the paving stones.

Royal Tenenbaum

Umm, I can't sell it because then I wouldn't be able to watch them forever. The new box may be out in 4 years or something like that.

bonanzataz

you're crazy, mog.

you also stole my rank...

bastard
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

bonanzataz

Quote from: mogwaiBuddy Holly dork...

:shock:

:evil:

you just made yourself a deathwish...

Keener

Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Pastor Parsley

Shit......there will always be a new box set out.  In 30 years they'll find some new footage in a basement somewhere and put out a new one.  Just buy the dvd now and get it over with...you could die tomorrow.

Speaking of Kubrick having control of every aspect of his films, I read that he even changed The Shining after it's first week in the theatres.  At the end there was a scene with mother and son in a hospital after the whole ordeal.  Kind of a 'they made it out OK' scene.  I'm glad he took it out...the ending, as it stands, is perfect.

Fernando

Quote from: Pastor ParsleyShit......there will always be a new box set out.  In 30 years they'll find some new footage in a basement somewhere and put out a new one.  Just buy the dvd now and get it over with...you could die tomorrow.

Speaking of Kubrick having control of every aspect of his films, I read that he even changed The Shining after it's first week in the theatres.  At the end there was a scene with mother and son in a hospital after the whole ordeal.  Kind of a 'they made it out OK' scene.  I'm glad he took it out...the ending, as it stands, is perfect.

The scene involved Wendy, Danny and Ulman at a hospital right before they leave the Overlook, anyway, Ulman throws the tennis ball to Danny then it faded for the shot of Jack's 1928 picture.

Pastor Parsley

Quote from: FernandoThe scene involved Wendy, Danny and Ulman at a hospital right before they leave the Overlook, anyway, Ulman throws the tennis ball to Danny then it faded for the shot of Jack's 1928 picture.

I don't get it....they were at a hospital BEFORE they left the overlook?

Fernando

Quote from: Pastor Parsley
Quote from: FernandoThe scene involved Wendy, Danny and Ulman at a hospital right before they leave the Overlook, anyway, Ulman throws the tennis ball to Danny then it faded for the shot of Jack's 1928 picture.

I don't get it....they were at a hospital BEFORE they left the overlook?

My mistake, it was ' right after' of course.