Breaking Bad

Started by squints, February 25, 2009, 07:23:38 PM

©brad

1 more day! Freaking out here. Okay let's do a simple bet - does Gus live or die? I'm going to say die by the hands of someone unexpected, like Mike or freakin Skylar or something.

Freaking out!

Jeremy Blackman

That was my guess.

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on October 03, 2011, 11:48:34 AMIt's also sort of perfect because Mike is out of the mix, and he probably wouldn't have consented to that [poisoning Brock]. He has grandkids and like Jesse seems to be a somewhat decent person. (Does this set the stage for Mike helping Walt and Jesse defeat Gus? Probably not, but that would be fun.)

I think Gus is done. But we have no idea how it will happen, really. Mike coming back and doing it directly sounds a bit cliche (and... expected?), and none of the cliche predictions I've made about the plot have come true.

Either way I think Mike would be involved in a post-Gus operation, though certainly not as the leader.

I like your Skyler idea. I can see her getting involved to save Walt. We've already seen that being set up... she's clearly worried about him and getting all contemplative.

As we learned in the garage scene, you can't just take Gus out, even with a solid plan. I think fate would have to conspire in some crazy unexpected way. Which would obviously fit the show.

My prediction: Brock pulls the trigger.

squints

$10 donation to xixax says gus dies. any takers?
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

ono

No permission to post spoilers.  Don't read this if you're concerned.  Speculative, but with good reason.

Acid to the face, or something similar.  Napalm?  Nah.  http:// i.imgur.com/N4Ln8.jpg

The color used was #ECEDF3.

Jeremy Blackman

I made this little excerpt from the podcast. They briefly discuss 72teeth's infamous gramma. This clip is 3:44.

http://www.mediafire.com/?75nuv08u758fimi

72teeth

Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

Series finale, we find out that Walter Jr. is Kaiser Soze.  CALLING IT.
My house, my rules, my coffee

O.

https://twitter.com/#!/MattMitovich/status/123148434046853120

Tonight's episode runs 68 minutes !!! That's like 20 or 15 minutes more !!!
superb

theyarelegion

Quote from: polkablues? on October 09, 2011, 06:27:41 PM
Series finale, we find out that Walter Jr. is Kaiser Soze.  CALLING IT.

second this

©brad

Jesus h Christ I'm freakin out so hard I can't even punctuate

This show has ruined sex and drugs and booze and mexican food and everything pleasurable and awesome in life for me. Nothing else compares.

That wasn't a season finale. That was a series finale. Unbefuckinglievable.  

Tictacbk

I'll give you that it was like a series finale...in that it was predictable and slightly disappointing.

Stefen

It was a great finale. Loved everything about it. It did feel like a series finale so I wonder if that was intentional or not. Did they know they had another season when they made it?

I loved how everything played out. I was not predicting that Gus would basically get killed by his two biggest enemies at once...sort of.  It was pretty perfect.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

RegularKarate

Yeah, I loved it.  I think Gus earned his cartoonish last moment.  I was watching it in the theater and the crowd went fucking nuts.

I don't think it felt like a series finale at all.  It leaves me with a huge "what now?" feeling.  There's so much left to cover.  I hope they can do it in one season (or two half-seasons, whichever).

My girlfriend got food poisoning yesterday (still went to watch the finale, what a trooper) and when we were looking her symptoms up on WebMD, it said she might have Ricin Poisoning.

Stefen

Quote from: RegularKarate on October 10, 2011, 11:25:46 AMI don't think it felt like a series finale at all.  

You don't think so? Jesse and Walt basically got rid of all the people who could finger point and implement them. They successfully got Hank off their back. There is no evidence that they were ever in the business. They destroyed the lab and everything that was linked to them. They could easily retire and go back to their normal lives and nobody would ever know what they had been up to the last couple years. If they wanted, that sounds like a series finale to me. I'm glad it isn't, but I do wonder if they did that intentionally, not knowing if there would be another season. Breaking Bad Insiders, let us know if they say anything about that.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

theyarelegion