Skyfall - Bond 23

Started by MacGuffin, June 12, 2009, 08:08:14 PM

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

pete

the new bond doesn't seem to be having any fun.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

RegularKarate

I was pretty surprised at how much I liked this trailer.  Very exciting and visually intriguing.   Here's to hoping...

Neil

it's not the wrench, it's the plumber.

pete

Quote from: I am Schmi on May 23, 2012, 01:20:04 AM
Eh, the trailer disappointed me. Why did Roger Deakins switch to digital? I can tell it's digital, what the hell? I was really expecting some incredible cinematography with a stunning picture for this. That's part of what made me so excited about this picture.

But still can't wait for the film. I love Sam Mendes, really expecting a lot.

roger deakins wrote a very eloquent essay on American Cinematographers some years back about his feelings towards digital.

http://www.deakinsonline.com/articles/di.php
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pwaybloe

Quote from: pete on May 21, 2012, 02:24:21 PM
the new bond doesn't seem to be having any fun.

No kidding.  This Bond is turning into a "me too" of all modern action movies. 

Quote from: I am Schmi on May 23, 2012, 01:20:04 AM
Why did Roger Deakins switch to digital? I can tell it's digital, what the hell?

I'm not exactly sure how you can tell it's digital from a low quality video on YouTube.  Well, I guess I can't. 

BB

This comes courtesy of IMDB, so take it with a grain of salt, but it appears the film was shot on Alexas and the Red Epic. So, digital.

MacGuffin

Daniel Craig calls James Bond's Heineken deal 'unfortunate'

Daniel Craig has spoken out about James Bond switching from his signature "shaken, not stirred" martini to Heineken in the upcoming movie "Skyfall." The actor has called the move "unfortunate."

"It's unfortunate but that's how it is," Craig told Moviefone.com when asked about his film franchise's newly announced partnership with Heineken USA. The deal, reportedly worth $45 million, has Craig starring in a commercial for the beer, appearing on packaging for brand, and reaching for a Heineken in a scene in the film rather than for his trademark martini.

Still, Craig explains that this is simply business.

"We have relationships with a number of companies so that we can make this movie. The simple fact is that, without them, we couldn't do it," Craig says. "This movie costs a lot of money to make, it costs as nearly as much again if not more to promote, so we go where we can."

While the deal has been widely criticized, Craig isn't so sure that Bond is beer adverse.

He explains, "The great thing is that Bond is a drinker, he always has been, it's part of who he is, rightly or wrongly, you can make your own judgement about it, having a beer is no bad thing, in the movie it just happens to be Heineken."
Craig is currently filming "Skyfall," directed by Sam Mendes, in London. The movie will arrive in theaters on November 9.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Jeremy Blackman

A James Bond movie couldn't get funding without a beer endorsement? I find that logic unfortunate.

MacGuffin

Skeleton FilmWorks

I am Schmi

Second trailer is better. The first trailer was underwhelming and disappointing to me.

MacGuffin

Adele to provide theme tune for Skyfall
Single will be called, er, Skyfall
Source: Total Film

James Bond returns to UK cinemas next month in Skyfall, Sam Mendes' first crack at directing 007, and now we know who will be crooning over the opening credits, with Adele confirmed as having recorded an official theme song.

The multi-award-winning star had long been rumoured to be taking on the prestigious accolade, and had been spotted at an MGM recording studio a couple of weeks ago. Those rumours can now be confirmed as fact, with the singer having penned the imaginatively named Skyfall.

The single will be the first release from the star since her much-feted 21 album, and can surely only be an improvement on Jack White and Alicia Keys' poorly received Another Way To Die, the theme tune to Quantum Of Solace.

Adele will likely prove a popular choice, given her success on both sides of the Atlantic, and she certainly boasts the kind of heavyweight, soulful voice usually required to do 007 justice.

Co-starring Judi Dench, Javier Bardem, Ralph Fiennes, Naomie Harris and Ben Whishaw, Skyfall will open in the UK on 26 October 2012.

Skeleton FilmWorks

Sleepless

Figured I'd pose this question here rather than create a new thread for it, but feel to split if you want...

I haven't seen very many of the James Bond films (just half a dozen or so). I know that whenever they're discussed, they're almost always treated as a genre unto themselves. But I was wondering if there was any one of them which stood out as being a singularly great film which could stand alone, apart from the rest of the series, in company with other respected classics of similar genres? Anyone?

EDIT: I guess not. Okay, then, try this one on for size: which JB film is the definitive JB film? Go.
He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.