PTA vs. RATNER????

Started by finlayr, May 29, 2003, 04:35:33 PM

finlayr

I was just reading about the PTA and Brett Ratner rivalry...  What's that all about?  Do they not get along or something?

And for the people who 'HATE' Brett Ratner, you have to remember he got where he is to today for a reason.  And he's a PERSON.  A human being not an object you can just dislike without even knowing him.  I love Anderson, and there's a line in Magnolia  "What can we forgive?".  Can you all just forgive Brett Ratner for whatever he has done.

Yours,
The Christian Community
(only-joking)

But seriously...
Filmmaker

Redlum

I dont think its founded on much but I was watching the making of on Red Dragon and he really kind of disgusted me in a way, not in a personal sense, but I couldn't get past the location scout section. It just annoyed me when he and Dino De Laurentiis were waving the $$$ about to buy this historical house and blow it up. I didnt think that kind of 'Im Andy Kaufmn and Im from Holloywood' attitude actually existed. I haven't got anything against his films, they're just pretty average affairs, I enjoyed Red Dragon though.

Plus this PTA wannabeness is a bit sad. I mean, I'm sure a lot of young directors look upto/respect PTA but if Ratner really did put 'a prince' next to Downey Sr's name in a movie...well.

You're right though, who are we to criticise.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

MrBurgerKing

whatever you say, Brett.

you remind me of the ronald mcdonald clown that pretended to walk into burger king to eat lunch. we all could see that it was a mcdonalds clown, but he was 'undercover,' trying to steal BK's secrets.

Sleuth

Wait, wasn't there a whole huge thread about this?
I like to hug dogs

finlayr

Just wondering why you think Brett Ratner is a PTA wannabe?  Is it things in his work that he ripped off or 'borrowed' from Anderson or what?  What's this about putting 'a prince' beside someone's name???
Filmmaker

EL__SCORCHO

Ratner's just a jealous fucker, its that simple. His films might make more money than PTAs, but he certainly doesn't have the worldwide critical respect and admiration that Paul has and that kills Ratner. He should stop being so whiny.

Pozer

Quote from: finlayrwhy you think Brett Ratner is a PTA wannabe?

who the ef thinks this? I can't see what would possibly make him a PTA wannabe. there's nothing simular between the two except for a few actors, in my opinion.

and why do I all of sudden want Burger King for dinner? I was craving Mickey D's all day

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

he seems to have a chip on his shoulder

" Im great too look at me i could be better then pta, let me just cast ed norton and psh and the film geeks will love, it worked for spike WHY NOT ME !!!!!!!!!"

aclockworkjj

Quote from: tremoloslothWait, wasn't there a whole huge thread about this?

I believe so...it's the one thread that just won't die....for the past 3 months now... :P

bonanzataz

what rivalry is finlayr talking about?
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Jeremy Blackman

A one-sided rivalry is not a rivalry... it's either admiration or jealousy...

It's like Mozart and Salieri...

Duck Sauce

Im going to try and not judge him as a person, but from the articles I read, he seems very cocky. I havent like ANY of his movies and when he was talking about the I Am Cuba-Boogie Nights connection it seemed more or less like he was saying "so what? big deal? he stole that from IAC"

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

duckie in all fairness i think you missunderstoof him, what he was getting at was that he brett ratner, was in fact cuba
"
Brett Ratner -
I am Cuba  "

that part in the interview where he yelled " I got a Cohiba for you to roll" then he wipped out what he called "lil fidel"

very disturbing verydisturbing indeed made all the more odd by the fact that he did this during his interview with golfers digest

Vile5

Finally,
Do you think PTA cares what the hell Brett says or think or do? Of course not!
So, lets talk about something better
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Vile5Finally,
Do you think PTA cares what the hell Brett says or think or do? Of course not!
So, lets talk about something better

Well that settles it