Top 10 UNDERRATED movies EVER!

Started by GodDamnImDaMan, September 03, 2003, 02:56:39 AM

Weird. Oh

I think that The Truman Show was very underrated at the time. I really loved it and have watched it several times because it just had a certain beauty to it. I think when it was released it wasn't well recieved because it was Jim Carey in a more serious role which people didn't want to see and also there was EDtv at the same time. Maybe I'm wrong but I really liked it.
The more arguments you win, the fewer friends you will have.

(kelvin)

Antonia Bird's Ravenous...I adore that movie...

Sleuth

Quote from: chriskelvinAntonia Bird's Ravenous...I adore that movie...

I love you
I like to hug dogs

(kelvin)

Quote from: Slog
Quote from: chriskelvinAntonia Bird's Ravenous...I adore that movie...

I love you

do I read sarcasm in there?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

(kelvin)

Quote from: Pi don't know, do you?

well, I see. Did you know that the word "cynic" means "the one who is like a dog"?

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

(kelvin)

great...then urinate against someone else's leg

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Sleuth

I was being serious anyway.  Ravenous is fucking cool, I don't know how many times I've said that on here.
I like to hug dogs

(kelvin)

I apologize, slog. I apologize, P. Sorry.

MacGuffin

Quote from: SlogRavenous is fucking cool, I don't know how many times I've said that on here.

Including your praises for the soundtrack, exactly six times. And I agree with all of them.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

(kelvin)

Quote from: MacGuffin
Quote from: SlogRavenous is fucking cool, I don't know how many times I've said that on here.

Including your praises for the soundtrack, exactly six times. And I agree with all of them.

The soundtrack is brillant indeed. It was done by Michael Nyman who composed also the new soundtrack for Man with a Movie Camera. A part of it was also used in Ravenous.

MacGuffin

Quote from: chriskelvinIt was done by Michael Nyman...

...and Damon Albarn of Blur.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Quote from: jasper_windowThe Commitments
Agreed, and I'm glad I didn't give in to the full screen DVD:

At last making its debut on March 16th is a special edition reissue of the Alan Parker cult classic The Commitments. This two-disc set boasts a 1.85:1 anamorphic widescreen transfer and Dolby Digital 5.1 soundtrack, plus an audio commentary by Parker, the full-length "The Commitments: Looking Back" and "The Making of The Commitments" documentaries, an additional "Dublin Soul: The Working Class & Changing Face of Dublin" featurette, a "Treat Her Right" music video plus "Before the Next Tear Drop Falls" and "Taking on the World" original songs, a still gallery, and promotional materials including the theatrical trailer, six TV spots and four radio spots. Retail will be $26.95.

Skeleton FilmWorks