Have you ever met a famous person/samsong?

Started by Thecowgoooesmooo, April 12, 2003, 01:31:47 PM

Pubrick

Quote from: matt35mm on November 07, 2005, 05:06:51 AM
they charge $2500 for learning that specific form of meditation.

don't be fooled, u can't even write it without adding the ®
under the paving stones.

killafilm

No :cry:

Wanted to be, tried to be, but was not.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

"Wait till I show my friends at Xixax!"

"Mr. Lynch, are you ok?"
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

Reinhold

i walked past jim jarmusch on central park south yesterday.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

samsong

it's been a while, so...

ang lee
carrie fischer
gena rowlands
peter bogdanovich
david cronenberg

yay!

modage

how the fuck did you meet them and why didn't you call me?  you still need to make up for the time you ditched me at A History Of Violence.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Reinhold

i hung out with the Slackers before a great show tonight.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Slick Shoes

one week ago: saw spike jonze in a store.

yesterday: johnny knoxville and karen o in a bar, playing darts.

©brad

was in a bar in hell's kitchen recently with some friends and saw rachael mcadams and ryan gosling (sp?) there. we all took a shot of jack daniels with them. shook her hand.  :yabbse-grin:

seriously tho, they were completely wasted. i was surprised/impressed to see them both sip on makers mark all night (straight up, no rocks). she was all over him too, kissin' and licking his face and neck. was wild.

can somebody explain me what hell's kitchen is? i know it has to do something with new york, but i still don't know what is it exactly.

cool anecdote cbrad
context, context, context.

©brad

let's take a look at a good old neighborhood map of NYC, shall we?

as you can see, hell's kitchen is  midtown, west of times square (technically west late 30s to 60s). it used to be one of the seediest neighborhoods in the city (think "Mean Streets" and "Sleepers") but now has become one of the hippest, with new buildings, bars and restaurants popping up by the minute. in fact, they've changed the name to "Clinton" b/c apparently "Hell's Kitchen" is not the most attractive of names (even though i personally think it's the coolest name for a neighborhood you could ask for).

also, FYI-- harlem has cleaned up ALOT. they've changed the name to "Morningside Heights" but no one really calls it that.

context, context, context.

pete

fyi: "clean up" means "pushing the broke folks into Bronx".  See also: the origin of hip hop.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

Pubrick

Quote from: ©brad on December 30, 2005, 12:04:32 PM
let's take a look at a good old neighborhood map of NYC, shall we?

as you can see, hell's kitchen is  midtown, west of times square (technically west late 30s to 60s). it used to be one of the seediest neighborhoods in the city (think "Mean Streets" and "Sleepers") but now has become one of the hippest, with new buildings, bars and restaurants popping up by the minute. in fact, they've changed the name to "Clinton" b/c apparently "Hell's Kitchen" is not the most attractive of names (even though i personally think it's the coolest name for a neighborhood you could ask for).

also, FYI-- harlem has cleaned up ALOT. they've changed the name to "Morningside Heights" but no one really calls it that.

i keep hearing how all these places used to be seedy and are now hip. i don't know anything about neighbourhoods and shit, so what i wanna know is exactly what part of manhattan ISNT hip now? i mean, even if there are parts which aren't hip, surely that only guarrantees they will be in like a year or whatever, right?
under the paving stones.

modage

so far really really upper and really really lower isnt that hip.  but yes, eventually everywhere in manhattan will be totally unaffordable.  and i cant wait to live there! 

i almost bumped into Joan Allen tonite after I came out of The New World.  there was a mutual 'excuse me' and then she was gone.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.