John C. Reilly

Started by ono, April 05, 2004, 07:59:13 PM

ono

It's the craziest thing.  Flipping through the channels, and I came to that new show, Cracking Up.  Had to do a double-take when I saw John C. Reilly guest starring as some sort of drunk guy, I think it was.  Didn't watch for too long.

But anyway, JCR is like great and stuff.  The everyman, the utility man, and even a great leading man in, of course, Magnolia and Sydney Hard Eight Sydney Hard Eight!  In 2002 he was super busy with The Good Girl, Chicago, The Hours, Gangs of New York, and all that stuff.  So yeah, there you have it.  I mean, if Paris Hilton can have a thread, why can't JCR?

El Duderino

JCR is a really really great actor. granted, he's done some bad movies, but usually, they're just very supporting roles. he's fantastic in Magnolia and it escapes me why he wasnt nominated for an oscar. i really liked him in Chicago, The Good Girl, Boogie Nights, and SYDNEY. anyways...nice job starting this thread, Ono.
Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Stefen

Yeah, hes a great actor. I love him. But I can only look at him for so long.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

NEON MERCURY

hes a cool cat...i likes him in magnolia, booooooooogie , and PTA's sh*tty first film, and i like that brief look of uncertainty in his closeup in malicks masterpiece-the thin red line....

meatball

I caught him on TV too. What struck me was that the size of his head had increased.

Kal

Alethia

i thought he was exceptionally funny in river wild.

yeah, reilly is the fuckin king.

ElPandaRoyal

He has a Special Thanks credit in Happiness... does anybody know the story behind this?

And we all know he's great 8)
Si

Find Your Magali

Kevin Costner and JCR might have portrayed the most believable, naturalistic pitcher-catcher battery in cinema history in "For Love of the Game."

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: Find Your MagaliKevin Costner and JCR might have portrayed the most believable, naturalistic pitcher-catcher battery in cinema history in "For Love of the Game."

And that's something BIG!
Si

The Obstruction

Quote from: N the E digital O rape Nhes a cool cat...i likes him in magnolia, booooooooogie , and PTA's sh*tty first film

Oooh this guy and Don are just 2 of my favorites, i mean, you know, they are just fantastic.

Going to love seeing him spanking peolpe in manderly, haven't seen him as a sadistic man ever, and what is he going to say about Lars Von Trier, it is just to exciting!!!

"I don't like the word ironic. I like the word absurdity, and I don't really understand the word 'irony' too much. The irony comes when you try to verbalize the absurd. When irony happens without words, it's much more exalted." David Lynch

Just Withnail

Quote from: Dr. Strangelove
Quote from: N the E digital O rape Nhes a cool cat...i likes him in magnolia, booooooooogie , and PTA's sh*tty first film

Oooh this guy and Don are just 2 of my favorites, i mean, you know, they are just fantastic.

Going to love seeing him spanking peolpe in manderly, haven't seen him as a sadistic man ever, and what is he going to say about Lars Von Trier, it is just to exciting!!!

Reilly put Manderlay a few nothces up on my eager-to-see list.

cine

Again.. --not to be Xixax environmentalists nazis-- but let's try not to quote pictures that are RIGHT ABOVE...

Thrindle

He broke my heart in The Good Girl.  He was just so pathetic....
Classic.