Kill Bill: Volume Two on DVD August 10th

Started by MacGuffin, May 15, 2004, 04:40:43 AM

MacGuffin

Miramax Home Entertainment has an early look at the official artwork for the highly anticipated Kill Bill: Volume Two which stars Uma Thurman in the lead role. The disc has yet to be officially announced, so there are no details quite yet. However, expect this release to be another barebones affair, similar in style to the Volume One release. An all singing, all dancing special edition should then follow later in the year.

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Cooler than the first one. I don't know, but "The New movie by Quentin Tartantino" rings a bit odd for a sequel released that close to the first.

coffeebeetle

Yeah, something's not right about that.  I also don't like the font...but the pic is cool.
more than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. one path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. the other, to total extinction. let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.
woody allen (side effects - 1980)

modage

i really dont care for this poster either.  and the tagline that used to go along with it THE BRIDE IS BACK FOR THE FINAL CUT is stupid and doesnt even make any sense.  there is no double meaning there, its only one meaning that is stupid.  its not like she's also a director/editor so the phrase 'final cut' can ring true both ways.  as far as the cover, once again they felt the need to cut off her feet and are crowding her head by blowing up the title as much as possible.  again we are reminded twice in the space of a few inches who made the movie, like anyone could forget. LAME.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Miramax Home Entertainment has kindly sent over the details on Kill Bill: Volume Two which stars Uma Thurman in the lead role. The disc will be available to own from the 10th August this year, and should set you back around $29.99 in total. As well as an anamorphic widescreen presentation the disc will include both English Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS 5.1 tracks. Extras will include a Making of Kill Bill Vol. 2 featurette which includes interviews, comments and on-set visits, footage from the premiere party, including a Chin Gon performance, and a deleted scene featuring David Carradine and Michael Jai White, who doesn't appear at all in the film's final cut.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Alethia

El Duderino

Did I just get cock-blocked by Bob Saget?

Alethia

footage from premiere, deleted scene  (two extra things vol 1 didnt have, which are pretty okay features) = better extras

really

Ravi

I would have preferred this poster for the cover, even if the presence of Vivica A. Fox and Lucy Liu is misleading.

Quote from: RaffiI would have preferred this poster for the cover.

The UK poster is even better
context, context, context.

Ravi

brockly

Quote from: RaffiCan you post the UK poster?

That would make an awsome DVD cover.

Quote from: WithnailA GREAT POSTER

Wow, where is that one from?
context, context, context.

Just Withnail

Don't even know if it's an official poster, looks like it though. Got it from my favorite DVD shop, DVDStrax.com, where they use it as a temp poster for the DVD, though I'm betting it'll be gone soon, as the official one is online.