Curtis Hanson

Started by Spike, May 27, 2003, 11:04:57 AM

MacGuffin

'Lucky' draw for Barrymore
Source: Hollywood Reporter

Drew Barrymore is getting lucky. The actress has signed on to star opposite Eric Bana in "Lucky You," which Curtis Hanson is directing for Warner Bros. Pictures. Set in the world of high-stakes professional poker, the dramedy-love story is based on an original screenplay by Academy Award-winning screenwriter Eric Roth ("Forrest Gump"), with additional writing by Hanson, who also will produce with Carol Fenelon and Denise Di Novi. Warners is handling worldwide distribution. Barrymore will play a struggling singer who meets a professional poker player (Bana) as he deals with his estranged father. Village Roadshow is co-financing the film, which is scheduled to begin shooting in March in Las Vegas
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Duvall gets 'Lucky' break as father

Academy Award winner Robert Duvall will play Eric Bana's father and poker opponent in "Lucky You," a drama Curtis Hanson is directing for Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. "Lucky" follows a professional poker player (Bana) who gets a lesson in life from a struggling singer (the already cast Drew Barrymore) as he collides with his estranged father (Duvall) at the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. The film is set to begin shooting on location in Las Vegas on March 23. It's scheduled for a December release. Hanson, Carol Fenelon and Denise Di Novi are producing from a script by Eric Roth and Hanson.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Gold Trumpet

Quote from: MacGuffinDuvall gets 'Lucky' break as father

Academy Award winner Robert Duvall will play Eric Bana's father and poker opponent in "Lucky You," a drama Curtis Hanson is directing for Warner Bros. Pictures and Village Roadshow Pictures. "Lucky" follows a professional poker player (Bana) who gets a lesson in life from a struggling singer (the already cast Drew Barrymore) as he collides with his estranged father (Duvall) at the World Series of Poker in Las Vegas. The film is set to begin shooting on location in Las Vegas on March 23. It's scheduled for a December release. Hanson, Carol Fenelon and Denise Di Novi are producing from a script by Eric Roth and Hanson.

I just got very excited.

MacGuffin

Hanson migrates to TV
'8 mile' director inks deal with CBS
Source: Variety

Curtis Hanson has become the latest filmmaker to join the migration to network television.

Helmer of "8 Mile" and "L.A. Confidential" has inked a multiyear overall deal with CBS Paramount Network Television. He and producing partner Carol Fenelon will create, develop and produce shows in all genres for the studio via their Deuce Three Prods. banner.

Hanson joins a slew of feature talent that has set up shop in TV land over the past few years, including Jerry Bruckheimer, Mark Gordon, Joe Roth and David Mamet.

CBS Par prexy David Stapf said he looked forward to collaborating with Hanson and Fenelon.

"Curtis Hanson's extraordinary visual style and storytelling ability make him a highly regarded and sought-after filmmaker," Stapf said. "We are excited that he wants to bring his unique talents to television."

Hanson said television will open up new creative opportunities for Deuce Three.

"There are characters and situations I've long wanted to explore in a format not limited by the constraints of a two- hour running time," he said. "For Carol and me, this venture is the perfect fusion of that desire and the opportunity to accomplish it with partners we greatly respect."

Hanson's next feature is "Lucky You," a poker drama starring Eric Bana and Drew Barrymore that's set to open May 4. Project was developed with Fenelon for Warner Bros. under the Deuce Three banner.

Company is in development on adaptations of the George Pelecanos novel "Right as Rain" for Warners and Michel Faber's "The Crimson Petal and the White" at Sony. They're also working on nonfiction bird-watching saga "The Big Year" at DreamWorks.

Skeleton FilmWorks

MacGuffin

Curtis Hanson circling 'Gemini Man'
David Benioff wrote Jerry Bruckheimer thriller
Source: Variety

Curtis Hanson is negotiating with Disney to direct "Gemini Man," an action thriller that will be produced by Jerry Bruckheimer.

David Benioff wrote the most recent draft of the script.

An NSA agent tries to retire and is targeted for death. He discovers that his assassin is a younger cloned version of himself.

Mike Stenson and Chad Oman will be executive producers with Don Murphy.

The director best known for "Wonder Boys" and "L.A. Confidential" will be taking on his first cloning tale. He is also looking to end a development process that dates back nearly a decade. Darren Lemke originated the project, and drafts were subsequently penned by the likes of Jonathan Hensleigh.

Skeleton FilmWorks

SiliasRuby

I LOVE 'LA Confidential' with a huge passion because I love ellroy and kevin spacey is in it and he's magnificent in it. I haven't read the books in ages so I need to go through all of ellroys books and plow through them. 'Wonder boys' was great too. That film really did have Robert Downey Jr. at his most mischieviest. 'The hand that rocks the cradle' I haven't seen in a long time.  '8 Mile' was solid, yet a bit too formulaic. 'In her shoes' was embaressing and 'Lucky you' I haven't seen yet.

'Gemini Man' could be fantastic fare, if done right.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

MacGuffin

Curtis Hanson to Direct Jay Moriarty
Source: Production Weekly

Curtis Hanson will direct Jay Moriarity, based on the true adventures of the surfing wonderboy. Production Weekly says that Sean Penn in talks to play his mentor Rick "Frosty" Hesson.

While still a teenager, Moriarity took on the waves at Northern California surfing jewel Maverick's, where the winter swells pull in waves five stories tall. He had prodded wise surfing elder Frosty Hesson to prepare him, and after finally relenting, the local legend put Moriarity through a program of intense physical training.

Moriarity died a day before his 23rd birthday in a free-diving accident.

Skeleton FilmWorks