Anyone seen any good shows lately?

Started by smash, September 21, 2004, 12:48:39 AM

tpfkabi

Ryan Adams in Dallas was really good.
I am Torgo. I take care of the place while the Master is away.

cinemanarchist

My assholeness knows no bounds.

mogwai

last week i saw two mogwai shows in two days. it didn't feel too much with two shows because they change their setlists a wee bit. the second show was a bit better because they played "may nothing but happiness come through your door", a rarity in these days. yes mac, i wore earplugs for both shows. :yabbse-wink:

the support act the twilight sad were also good.

tpfkabi

how much were tics to fun fun fun fest?

Stefen

Quote from: mogwai on November 10, 2008, 10:20:44 AM

Oh, I hate that lead singers voice.
Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

cinemanarchist

Quote from: bigideas on November 10, 2008, 10:40:27 AM

60 something bucks for a two day pass. Good fucking value and a really great and chill festival.
My assholeness knows no bounds.

mogwai

Quote from: Stefen on November 10, 2008, 10:47:03 AM
Quote from: mogwai on November 10, 2008, 10:20:44 AM

Oh, I hate that lead singers voice.

hmm, he's no james blunt though.

Stefen

Falling in love is the greatest joy in life. Followed closely by sneaking into a gated community late at night and firing a gun into the air.

tpfkabi

Quote from: cinemanarchist on November 10, 2008, 10:53:27 AM

60 something bucks for a two day pass. Good fucking value and a really great and chill festival.

sounds like.
i'd never even heard of it.
Deerhoof I'd like to see.

Stefen

I'd like to see the national and dan deacon.

I like how they list kool keith and dr octagon sort of separately.

MacGuffin

Quote from: mogwai on November 10, 2008, 10:20:44 AMyes mac, i wore earplugs for both shows. :yabbse-wink:

I bet you still came away deaf.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

RegularKarate

Quote from: bigideas on November 10, 2008, 01:59:53 PM
Quote from: cinemanarchist on November 10, 2008, 10:53:27 AM

sounds like.
i'd never even heard of it.
Deerhoof I'd like to see.

I performed at FFFFest so I got an Artists wristband (backstage and free booze) which made the festival that much better.

Got to say I wasn't really into deerhoof.  I think they are just not my cup of tea it would seem.

Quote from: Stefen on November 10, 2008, 02:35:29 PM
I'd like to see the national and dan deacon.

national was good, but not as good as the other times I've seen them, which sucks because they said that would be thier last show for a good while.

Dan Deacon I only caught some of because he decided to take twenty extra minutes to set up, which ate into his set a lot.

Quote from: Stefen on November 10, 2008, 02:35:29 PM
I like how they list kool keith and dr octagon sort of separately.

Pretty sure that was at KK's request since he was Kool Keith AS Dr. Octagon there.
He played some of the first DO album, which made me pretty happy.

Tim and Eric was maybe my favorite part of the whole festival though.  Islands were great too.

squints

my friends in Colourmusic played during the day. Anyone see them?
What did you perform as RK? Have you been playing drums for ..and you will know us by the trail of dead this entire time??
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

matt35mm