PTA Interviews (on YouTube or otherwise)

Started by ono, July 07, 2011, 03:45:25 AM

modage

Quote from: Something Spanish on January 21, 2015, 06:09:58 AM
Anyone know if the C&RV site is going to do a series of interviews for IV with key production players like they did with The Master?
Totally possible but I doubt it? I did them for The Master but that film seemed to have a lot less press than this one does and for IV it feels like most of the key dept. heads have already been interviewed someplace else. The only stuff I'd really want to hear from PTA is if there was much other stuff from the book was shot but cut and if he realizes the extent to which his films challenge audiences. But if they do one, I'd read it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Something Spanish

props for that modage, they were all great reads. since you did it for The Master why can't you do it for IV? I'm sure the board can come up with a few dozen never-before-asked questions.

modage

I don't write there anymore. But like I said, fingers crossed, maybe they're working on it.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

modage

Good interview with DAZED.

PTA talks about JAWS/the sea, Wes/BUDAPEST ("No matter what anyone has to say about Wes Anderson, you can't fault that movie"), Cruise/TOMORROW and QT's "retirement."

Sleepless

He held on. The dolphin and all the rest of its pod turned and swam out to sea, and still he held on. This is it, he thought. Then he remembered that they were air-breathers too. It was going to be all right.

Something Spanish

P Heat

Quote from: Pubrick on September 11, 2012, 06:33:41 PM
anyway it was after i posted my first serious fanalysis. after the long post all he could say was that the main reason he wanted to see the master was cos of all the red heads.
:P

jerome

Your movies are period pieces/set in the past. Is that a way for you to talk about the present?
I am nostalgic about the past. It might be pathological, really. Back in the day, people with depression were labeled as nostalgic...

Are you less serious than we think?
This film is pretty wacky. They say people who are funny on stage are quite sinister in real life. Perhaps the opposite is true for directors who are perceived as serious. I'm in a good mood most of the time. The movies I watch at home are mostly short, funny ones. And yet I tend to make long, serious movies.

ono

I've got so much interview to give, I just don't know where to put it.

https://www.criterion.com/lists/150628-paul-thomas-anderson-s-favorite-films

This is over two years old, but whatever.  And actually, I don't think it's an interview, but a collection of quotes and the movies they reference.  There are some standouts that seem to have been omitted, but still, it's nice to peruse.

jenkins

Quote from: wilder on October 19, 2015, 08:42:30 PM
Bridge of Spies Q&A with Spielberg moderated by PT

watched this btw, thanks. i like how they're comfortable being movie nerds. a sad fact i know for certain is some PTA fans are fucking terrible movie nerds, since they think their PTA fandom is what makes them a movie nerd and, it's like, what do you say to that, you can try to tell them to listen to PTA but if he doesn't mention a title it won't help. genuinely not a description of a single person here, only a description of my irl encounters in LA with a certain type of PTA fan.

saying i'm super glad it's easy for Spielberg and PTA to chat movies and i enjoyed hearing them do so. i predict i'll best remember how Spielberg gushed over Michael Curtiz, Steven Soderbergh, and PTA. since he's a movie nerd <3. well actually he was talking about Soderbergh's tv show. represent.

OpO1832

I enjoyed watching both
scorsese and anderson

what a treat.

thank you

Something Spanish

whole lotta thigh slapping going on from QT