Unbreakable: Yay or Nay?

Started by BrainSushi, August 06, 2003, 12:30:51 PM

BrainSushi

Did you guys like Unbreakable?  I thought it was great!  I just rented this movie at my local renting joint, and I thought it was   tres bien . :-D  :twisted:  :shock:  8) [/i]

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Raikus

I'm sure I'll be in the dissenting opinion soon, but yeah, I liked it. It drug a little, but I think it paid off in the end.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

Ghostboy

Neigh. I liked everything up until the end, which I thought sucked (and was also totally predictable).

Sleuth

Quote from: GhostboyNeigh. I liked everything up until the end, which I thought sucked (and was also totally predictable).

Everyone says that, but I hadn't a clue (and I thought 6th Sense was obvious, so I don't know what's wrong with me)

I thought the end was really well done and terribly depressing
I like to hug dogs

Pas

Big yay...the only M. Night Shyamamalalanan movie I like

RegularKarate

Pretty sure this one's been discussed to death, but it's hella Nay for me.

It's the same movie as the Sixth Sense except not done as well.  boooooo.

Redlum

ya-hey from me. I think its his best movie. My only probelm with the end was that it felt really rushed. The score was my favourite part though.
\"I wanted to make a film for kids, something that would present them with a kind of elementary morality. Because nowadays nobody bothers to tell those kids, \'Hey, this is right and this is wrong\'.\"
  -  George Lucas

Derek

I like it. Maybe I was spoiled by the 6th Sense, but the ending was disappointing. Unbreakable also could've used a little more humor instead of being terminally somber. I think Signs is his best movie, but he should've done something different with that ending too (in regards to the alien plotline, not the one about faith.)
It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black.

markums2k

"They call me Mr. Glass."

"Who?"

"The kids."

Yay for Unbreakable.  It's the only M. Night movie I own.

Ravi

I figured out the end about half way through, if not before.  Otherwise I just didn't like it.  I guess the scene with Bruce Willis' kid and the gun was supposed to be suspenseful, but I didn't find it so.

Rudie Obias

\"a pair of eyes staring at you, projected on a large screen is what cinema is truly about.\" -volker schlöndorff

metroshane

I have to go with a big "yawn".

I think the premise of the trailer was better than the movie.  In other words, leave out Sam.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.

jokerspath

Quote from: RaviI guess the scene with Bruce Willis' kid and the gun was supposed to be suspenseful, but I didn't find it so.

I think that in this scene his son says something to the effect of "I'll only shoot you once" and I remember in the theatre me and my friends laughing at loud at this illogical statement, ruining whatever suspense there may have been for anyone else in the theatre...

Other than that, I'd go with "yay"...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

snaporaz

simply put, i thought the movie was stupid. and believe me, i don't like saying that about movies just because i don't like them. i'll always give a reason as to why it sucks. but in this particular case, i thought it was flat-out one dumb fucking movie. silly. absurd. i didn't give a shit about any of the characters. probably because they live in a world that simply doesn't fucking exist. and not in the star wars kind of way.