any other Nick Drake fans here?

Started by SoNowThen, May 28, 2003, 10:46:25 AM

The Perineum Falcon

Quote from: Walrus, KookookajoobI love how Pink Moon flows, the entire album seems like it's own beautiful masterpiece.
Yeah, I'm glad I finally got around to buying it. I've been listening to it over and over again.
Makes me want to learn the gee-tar all over again. If only I had the rhythm to play....
We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

mogwai

today it's exactly 30 years since nick drake passed on. anyone who's read an article about it today?

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I have Pink Moon, Bryter Layter, Five Leaves Left and Time of No Reply... what am I missing?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SiliasRuby

I am listening to him right now, he's great. I've heard his cover of "Don't think twice it's allright", it really is beautiful. Have any of you others heard it before?
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

pete

yeah, but it's not a very clean recording.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

SiliasRuby

Quote from: peteyeah, but it's not a very clean recording.
Yes, it certainly isn't.
The Beatles know Jesus Christ has returned to Earth and is in Los Angeles.

When you are getting fucked by the big corporations remember to use a condom.

There was a FISH in the perkalater!!!

My Collection

london

I put him on a mix just yesterday after I rediscovered him.  He is great.  Sad.  So sad.
QuoteI've heard his cover of "Don't think twice it's allright", it really is beautiful.

Is that on a bootleg called Tanworth-in-Arden?
Ten should be enough.  You think 10 should be enough?  You think we need one more?  You think we need one more.  Alright,  we'll get one more.