Seinfeld

Started by SoNowThen, May 09, 2003, 02:02:58 PM

ShanghaiOrange

My favorite quote from Seinfeld: "...and I'll snap me a shot of a bare-chested Cruger!"

I can't wait for this on Digital Video Disk. :)
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

SoNowThen

Is it "uncontestably" or "incontestably" ?  ... I think I'm partially retarded.

Oh well, this is to appease myself.

"Believe it or not, George isn't at home. So leave a message at the beep. I must be out, or I'd pick up the phone. Where could I be? (shrugs shoulders here) Believe it or not, I'm not home."

Classic. Cheers, MacGuffin.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

bonanzataz

Sorry, but the card says, moops!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

damnit taz do not make me take my bubble over to your house and bitch slap you

SHAFTR

my favorite....is a classic one liner from Kramer

"I'm Out," as he throws his money on the counter

(the contest)
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

moonshiner

Quote from: BonBon55Seinfeld was probably the only sitcom whose plot often revolved around the movies. The one where Jerry learns the art of video pirating was great.

It's funny because most of the time when the movies came up in the show, they used made-up movies, and the titles were always kind of funny but realistic....i love the episode where Kramer's number is very similar to the Moviephone, and he starts to act as Moviephone..."Why don't just tell me which movie you'd like to see?"

I will no doubt pay whatever price for the DVD release. :2gunfire:  :scatter:
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

ShanghaiOrange

Who got the final Deathblow? Was it the guy in the Hawaiian shirt? 'Cause he had it coming.
Last five films (theater)
-The Da Vinci Code: *
-Thank You For Smoking: ***
-Silent Hill: ***1/2 (high)
-Happy Together: ***1/2
-Slither: **

Last five films (video)
-Solaris: ***1/2
-Cobra Verde: ***1/2
-My Best Fiend: **1/2
-Days of Heaven: ****
-The Thin Red Line: ***

Banky

sorry i threw down that sloppy thread.  Any new news on Seinfeld DVD?

A Matter Of Chance

Quote from: AlguienEstolamiPantalonesthis show needs a full dvd treatment out takes commentarys documentrys

Yes!

MacGuffin

Jerry Seinfeld Gives DreamWorks A Bee

Jerry Seinfeld will write, produce and star in an animated comedy for DreamWorks Pictures, it was announced today by DreamWorks principal Jeffrey Katzenberg. The computer-animated feature, entitled "Bee Movie," will be set in an anthropomorphized world of bees.

In making the announcement, Katzenberg said, "Jerry Seinfeld is one of the most brilliant and unique comic minds of our time. It has been a dream of mine for over 10 years to be in business with him, and during that time, I have been willing to put myself in any number of potentially humiliating situations in order to demonstrate my unflagging appreciation of his talent. We were delighted when he came to us with his wonderfully funny concept for an animated feature and even more thrilled to be the studio that will bring Jerry Seinfeld's comedy to the big screen."

Seinfeld's manager, Howard West, of Shapiro-West, commented, "Studios have been courting Jerry for years following the success of 'Seinfeld,' but it wasn't until he met with the creative minds at DreamWorks that Jerry decided to do a film. We are very excited to be working with the proven DreamWorks team on this new endeavor."

Jerry Seinfeld stated, "I have always been fascinated by bee society, the world's most harmoniously run organization, and now I finally am going to be in it. The enthusiasm of Jeffrey Katzenberg and Steven Spielberg for this idea is the main reason I decided to do it."
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

©brad

beeutiful. (i'm sorry) i'm pumped.

tonight's rerun, btw, was when the japanese tourists come and kramer lets them sleep in his drawers. there's this one part i forgot about, when kramer is at jerry's making some rice crispies for them, and kramer is all like "rice crispies: east meets west." something like that... anyhow, it was hysterical.

RegularKarate

Un-pump yourself...

it's animated... this mean YEARS...

Kal

thanks for that info mac it sounds great... i always wanted him involved in a project like this... and a bee with seinfeld's voice sounds amazing!

i cant wait for the DVD... which I think i saw something saying it would be released in February

they are releasing the first DVD of Curb Your Enthusiasm on January

Fernando

Quote from: ©bradbeeutiful. (i'm sorry) i'm pumped.

tonight's rerun, btw, was when the japanese tourists come and kramer lets them sleep in his drawers. there's this one part i forgot about, when kramer is at jerry's making some rice crispies for them, and kramer is all like "rice crispies: east meets west." something like that... anyhow, it was hysterical.

Here:

Kramer is in the kitchen. He has three bowls out on the counter, and a box of
Rice Crispies. Jerry walks over, pushing a bunch of checks into an envelope.

JERRY: What is this?

KRAMER: Rice Crispies. East meets West, Jerry.

JERRY: Ah. It's a lovely little bureau and breakfast you're running. Well,
I'm off to the bank.

KRAMER: (opening the fridge) Sayonara.

JERRY: (leaving) Konichi-wa.

And from the same episode, I found this scene hilarious too:

JERRY: You know, maybe they thought you looked too smart to be brainwashed?

GEORGE: Please.

JERRY: Too dumb?

George gives Jerry a look. Kramer enters, wearing a snazzy new suit. He
strolls over to the booth.

JERRY: (impressed) Well! Mack is back in town! Nice duds.

KRAMER: Konichi-wa. Yeah, it's a gift from my Japanese friends. (sits beside
Jerry) They're known as gift-givers. And tonight we're going dancing at the
Rainbow Room.

JERRY: Sounds like you're throwing a lot of their money around.

KRAMER: Well, Jerry, they're Japanese. I mean, that TV you watch, that sushi
you eat, I mean, even that kimono you wear. Where to you think all that money
goes, hmm?

Jerry looks puzzled.

KRAMER: That's right.

BrainSushi

Am I the only person who wishes Sack Lunch was a real movie?

One of my favorite moments was when Elaine went to Bizarro Jerry's house. I was just waiting for the arrival of Bizarro Newman...

"Hello Fargus... HOW ARE YA?!"