A Tribe Called Quest / Q Tip

Started by SHAFTR, September 04, 2003, 01:25:35 AM

SHAFTR

Anyone listen to either of these?

I love A Tribe Called Quest...their anthology is a must have.
I'm trying to find Amplified (Q Tip's first album) to buy...and his 2nd album Kamaal the Abstract was supposed to come out in April 03 but was pulled because it wasn't thought to have much commercial success in it...although reviews and what I have heard is really really good.
"Talking shit about a pretty sunset
Blanketing opinions that i'll probably regret soon"

MacGuffin

"I Left My Wallet In El Segundo" goes through my head everytime I'm on the 105 freeway.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

i thought it was funny that when i was a kid he was like mos def is today very deep and self important and kind of like the anti puff daddy

and then the band breaks up and he joins leonardo dicaprio's pussy posse

aclockworkjj

Quote from: MacGuffin"I Left My Wallet In El Segundo" goes through my head everytime I'm on the 105 freeway.
haha...I sing that song all the time at work, everone thinks I am serious, they don't even know.  FUnny thing is, I never realized it was a city in Cal until I moved here.

I am a huge fan of Tribe, Q-tip's solo stuff ....err, don't like like.  But I usually have at least one of their CD's in my rotation.  Currently it's Midnight Marauders...Low-end Theory is probably in my top5 hip-hop albums ever thou.

You Never Got Me Down Ray

Midnight Marauders is a must in anyone's collection.
My life has taken another turn again. The days move along with regularity, over and over. One day indistinguishable from the next. A long, continuous chain. Then suddenly, there is change.

modage

i saw Tribe Called Quest at the Tibetan Freedom Concert in Wash DC about 5 years ago.  they were pretty good.  i like the Q Tip album, although a lot of people hated it.  every song is about getting freaky.  its great.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

luctruff

in my opinion, tribe is everything good in hip hop....when you're down on current bullshit rap and hip hop, you can always go back to these guys....god bless em.
"Every time I learn something new, it pushes out something old! Remember that time I took a home wine-making course and forgot how to drive?"