Clap Your Hands Say Yeah

Started by Slick Shoes, July 18, 2005, 02:07:54 PM

Slick Shoes

A very hyped band right now.

I've decided to join the bandwagon, having listened to their self-titled debut nonstop for the past couple days. It's nothing revelatory, or groundbreaking. Just good, fun pop. I'm putting it on my shortlist for one of the best albums of the year.

noyes

they're not bad. i liked the first two songs, then it all started to sound the same. couldn't really get into them. maybe i should listen again. the hype is certainly quite annoying.
south america's my name.

RegularKarate

Yeah, I think they're enjoyable, but it's nothing that made me want to stick with it after a couple listens.

bigperm

Safe As Milk

noyes

on second listen, over and over again's keyboard chime melody is arresting. good song.
south america's my name.

onlyanactor

you can't go farther than one listen with this band.  it's like listening to a hip-hop beat.  the bass and drums do the same thing the whole way through, the other instruments just add fills.  it reminds me of arcade fire minus talent.
only dead fingers talk in Braille... experimental/progressive/post-hardcore
P. Widdler and the Diddlers hip-hop side project

Pubrick

Quote from: onlyanactorit's like listening to a hip-hop beat.
and we all know how boring that is..  :yabbse-rolleyes:
under the paving stones.

Sleuth

Quote from: Pubrick
Quote from: onlyanactorit's like listening to a hip-hop beat.
and we all know how boring that is..  :yabbse-rolleyes:

:bravo: yeah
I like to hug dogs

Sigur Rós

....They all wanna sound like David Byrne.

edison

I just couldnt get into the lead singers voice, i really everything else though, and its not something I'll probably listen to again except for the first track, which i really like because it just so weird and funny.

Gamblour.

So yeah, I reflect mod's sentiments about this album....it sucks. It sucks hard. The title track is good, but seriously, what the fuck is up with the distortion? Satan Said Dance would be better if it wasn't so boring and  just an excuse for a dance song. Love Song No 7 is just plain terrible. Goodbye to the Mother and the Cove sounds like they ripped off a keyboard riff from the Rush album Power Windows. Where is the Idon'tknowwhattodowithmyself youthful whimsy of Is This Love? or This Home on Ice, where's the power behind songs like Over and Over Again or Tidal Wave of Young Blood?

Seriously, what were they thinking...it's such a disappointment.
WWPTAD?

Sigur Rós

Quote from: Gamblour consider le fountain on February 04, 2007, 10:11:52 PM
So yeah, I reflect mod's sentiments about this album....it sucks. It sucks hard. The title track is good, but seriously, what the fuck is up with the distortion? Satan Said Dance would be better if it wasn't so boring and  just an excuse for a dance song. Love Song No 7 is just plain terrible. Goodbye to the Mother and the Cove sounds like they ripped off a keyboard riff from the Rush album Power Windows. Where is the Idon'tknowwhattodowithmyself youthful whimsy of Is This Love? or This Home on Ice, where's the power behind songs like Over and Over Again or Tidal Wave of Young Blood?

Seriously, what were they thinking...it's such a disappointment.

Couldn't possibly agree more! Would like to hear from someone who likes this album...

gob

I like it. It's nowhere near as good as the first, it does seem like they've tried too hard with this one but sure as eggs is eggs I don't hate it. Best tracks for me are: Some Loud Thunder, Love Song No.7, Yankee Go Home, Underwater (You & Me) and Five Easy Pieces. Please don't hurt me.