Xixax Chat aka "cronopio's burial ground" ..and on the 453rd day it rose again

Started by Kal, December 15, 2003, 02:06:00 AM

Tommy Both

Quote from: SlogI would if it let me

I know, it takes an awful lotta time to load, but u have to wait till the #xixax pops up, it takes like 3,4 minutes... but have patience , and you'll be rewarded...
At first I also thought it didn't work, but then I went to grab a drink and when I came back, I forgot I left the irc loading thingie on, the waiting was over and the #xixax chat room popped up...!

Sleuth

But when I use mIRC, it won't even connect to the server (unable to resolve server)
I like to hug dogs

Tommy Both

Quote from: SlogBut when I use mIRC, it won't even connect to the server (unable to resolve server)

Just be sure to be logged in at XIXAX.
Go to the Chat button - upper right corner next to Logout - if u click on that u get a popup, change yo name, leave everything as it is, hit CONNECT, then it should pop up this other window and the waiting starts..... at least , that's how it goes overhere...

Sleuth

Quote from: tommy_both
Quote from: SlogBut when I use mIRC, it won't even connect to the server (unable to resolve server)

Just be sure to be logged in at XIXAX.
Go to the Chat button - upper right corner next to Logout - if u click on that u get a popup, change yo name, leave everything as it is, hit CONNECT, then it should pop up this other window and the waiting starts..... at least , that's how it goes overhere...

I'm talking about using the mIRC program that lets you access all IRC chats and servers.  the button on top of this site is a java applet that lets you go to the chat directly.
I like to hug dogs

Tommy Both

Quote from: SlogI'm talking about using the mIRC program that lets you access all IRC chats and servers.  the button on top of this site is a java applet that lets you go to the chat directly.

But who says u need to use mIRC? Just use that java applet! Who cares??

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Xixax

What server settings are you using?

It should be:

server: maddancermedia.com (or blazoner.com)
port: 6667
channel: #xixax
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Sleuth

I've been using port 6667 and blazoner.com but that still doesn't work and neither does MDM
I like to hug dogs

Xixax

What's the exact error you are getting?

If it is "unable to resolve server" that means your're having DNS trouble somewhere.

Try connecting to a numeric IP instead:

In the server field, put: 207.191.81.157

That way, you won't HAVE to resolve anything because you're going straight to the IP address.

If you're still having trouble, then it must be coming from somewhere else. A firewall maybe?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Kal

russiasusha

Guess that means i'm back on zigzag!
Movies before 1930 suck

Sleuth

[01:36] * Connecting to 207.191.81.157 (6667)
-
[01:37] * Unable to connect (Connection timed out)
I like to hug dogs

Xixax

Well if that's not the darndest thing...

Next step will be to see if you can get to the machine from your connection at all.

Go to the command (DOS) prompt, and type in:

tracert 207.191.81.157

Then paste the results here.
[/size]

Sleuth

you just gon' hax me :(

it did a lot of stuff and wouldn't let me copy it anyway, and then it ended with a lot of time outs
I like to hug dogs

Xixax

OK, if it ended with a lot of timeouts, that indicates that your ISP has a routing problem.

In other words, your internet company doesn't know how to get to (or find) our server.

Usually, these things clear themselves up over time, but it seems you've been having trouble for awhile.
[/size]