Getting in to a Film School

Started by Dtm115300, September 18, 2004, 10:09:32 PM

Dtm115300

Im a current student. Going to a commuity college trying to make up for all the f*cking around i did in high school. I plan on transfering to a film school. From what i hear the school i want to go to is pretty hard to get in to.  I need to make a portfolio. and they interview all everyone. So here is my ?. How do i better my chances of getting in?

As for a Portfolio ive worked as a PA on one Indi film and going to work on another in october.

(ive also edited some footage of family Vactions as a gift.. I don't know if thats something to show a film school)

Ive also written some screenplays. And have a notebook full of ideas that i hope to one day make in to movies.

As for the interview.. Any tips? I heard they show you a short and ask you to comment on it.

The School is Suny Purchase in new york. (thats the school i think i can get in to. I hope to go to USC tho)

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Dtm115300

USC an't looking to good right now. for man anyway.

Still i was not counting on getting in to USC i was looking more on Purchase.

Besides what i have and what im doing is there anything else i can do to better my chances of getting in?

Pubrick

Quote from: Dtm115300Besides what i have and what im doing is there anything else i can do to better my chances of getting in?
no.
under the paving stones.