why concentrate on US directors?

Started by (kelvin), May 03, 2003, 07:30:43 AM

RegularKarate

Yeah... Lynch makes films that people seem to talk about a lot.

The Fincher thread will wake up once his next film gets rolling, though I wouldn't be so sad to see it go.  

Spielberg has enough of a past and makes enough films currently to deserve a forrum, but it's not a very popular one, so I could see it eliminated if necessary.

I still Like P's idea... Dead and Alive.

phil marlowe

i think we should let them all go except crowe and pta because we have links on their sites, and maybe kubrick because hes the man everyones into and admire. well make a foreign directors forum and then well just start using the directors chair and the everything else cinema forums.

TK-421

Just make a Foreign Directors thread and see what happens over time. If a certain one keeps getting mentioned, then setup a separate thread.

Simple.  :)

chainsmoking insomniac

I agree with TK-421 (shouldn't that be 481???)......
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Pubrick

Quote from: punchdrunk23(shouldn't that be 481???)......
no.
under the paving stones.

USTopGun47

there should absolutely be foreign director catagories! drop anderson and throw in fellini for godsakes! :shock:
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

Cecil

Quote from: USTopGun47drop anderson and throw in fellini for godsakes! :shock:

wes or pt?

USTopGun47

oh my god wes.... i am so sorry for not clearing that up.   :cry:   Never PTA.  That would be as bad as suicide.  but definetly wes!
I'm somebody now, Harry. Everybody likes me. Soon, millions of people will see me and they'll all like me. I'll tell them about you, and your father, how good he was to us. Remember? It's a reason to get up in the morning. It's a reason to lose weight, to fit in the red dress. It's a reason to smile. It makes tomorrow all right. What have I got Harry, hm? Why should I even make the bed, or wash the dishes? I do them, but why should I? I'm alone. Your father's gone, you're gone. I got no one to care for. What have I got, Harry? I'm lonely. I'm old.

Cecil

Quote from: USTopGun47oh my god wes.... i am so sorry for not clearing that up.   :cry:   Never PTA.  That would be as bad as suicide.  but definetly wes!

okay then  :yabbse-thumbup: