The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey

Started by underdog, February 27, 2003, 10:14:59 AM

Duck Sauce

Dont stop voicing what you think because people get mad.

Ernie

Quote from: Duck SauceDont stop voicing what you think because people get mad.

Oh, I'm not going to...I don't intend to stop. I'm just going to think about how I am wording my posts and whether or not I'm going to piss anybody off from now on. I feel like that's what I'm being asked to do. I'll still voice my opinions, just more maturely. I can completely change in 2 seconds, I'm always doing that. I realize that I was wrong. I shouldn't have bashed LOTR again.

See, now look what I've done. I've ruined yet another thread by sending it completely off track. I am very sorry about that. Well, at least I learned something this time, right? Keep talking about the Hobbit now, sorry for getting you guys off topic, seriously.

Gold Trumpet

lord of the rings sucks. I'll be tired of saying that when the movies are dead and buried within the realm of talk here. Arguments of being anti commercial movies are silly and unfounded. So another year hits and another Lord of the Rings comes, may the bashing continue.

~rougerum

bonanzataz

Lord of the Rings rocks your grandma's hot panties, GT.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Gold Trumpet

bon, that just means it sucks.

~rougerum

Ernie

Quote from: The Gold Trumpetlord of the rings sucks. I'll be tired of saying that when the movies are dead and buried within the realm of talk here. Arguments of being anti commercial movies are silly and unfounded. So another year hits and another Lord of the Rings comes, may the bashing continue.

~rougerum

I'll probably bash it outside of this place, sure...but I doubt I'll be bashing it anymore around here. If it's only going to piss people off then what's the point?

Anyway, I know I'm probably fucking going to break my vow already and dig a cyber grave for myself here but I gotta say this one last thing...

Regular Karate...saying that I "didn't want to be involved with the mainstream" or whatever just because I don't like LOTR was really childish man...I have to say. Don't jump to conclusions like that. Now, I know what you're thinking...who am I to call you childish? And your right...but I just wanted to point it out and defend my taste in movies, which I know more about than you because, of course, I know what I like. I like a lot of  mainstream films just as much as I like a lot of independent films....you were wrong. Just wanted to point that out, don't get mad.

Gold Trumpet

freedom of (not words of conspiracy, libel, slander, or dissing one's mama) speech! Also, with that in mind, Bons ass is mine in the playground after school. Petty complaining.

~rougerum

Pubrick

Quote from: ebeaman69I'll probably bash it outside of this place, sure...but I doubt I'll be bashing it anymore around here. If it's only going to piss people off then what's the point?

Anyway, I know I'm probably fucking going to break my vow already and dig a cyber grave for myself here but I gotta say this one last thing...

Regular Karate...saying that I "didn't want to be involved with the mainstream" or whatever just because I don't like LOTR was really childish man...I have to say. Don't jump to conclusions like that. Now, I know what you're thinking...who am I to call you childish? And your right...but I just wanted to point it out and defend my taste in movies, which I know more about than you because, of course, I know what I like. I like a lot of  mainstream films just as much as I like a lot of independent films....you were wrong. Just wanted to point that out, don't get mad.
don't delay, buy it today:

i think i understand why u don't like todd solondz now..
under the paving stones.

Ernie

Quote from: P
Quote from: ebeaman69I'll probably bash it outside of this place, sure...but I doubt I'll be bashing it anymore around here. If it's only going to piss people off then what's the point?

don't delay, buy it today:

i think i understand why u don't like todd solondz now..

Lol, thank you! That's what I need...I will not delay. Lol, funny stuff. I definitely do need that...and a sedative or two. I'm sorry.

bonanzataz

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetAlso, with that in mind, Bons ass is mine in the playground after school. Petty complaining.

~rougerum

cmon, bizzatch! You wanna piece!? I'll go fuckin' ork style on you!
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

Sigur Rós

Quote from: underdogthey should of make a movie on the hobbit(i know there a cartoon one) because in "lord of the rings" they made Bilbo Baggin look like a wuss. in the hobbit he the hero!.....

peace

Let the Hobbit be. The story of middel-earth would be better of with a self imaginary prelude.

Newtron

Quote from: The Gold TrumpetBons ass is mine
You do what you need to do with bonanzataz's ass, I'll take care of BonBon's just fine.  :yabbse-shocked:  :yabbse-smiley:

Mesh

I've heard from two different sources that Peter Jackson was working on a King Kong remake next.  I have a link to the working script, too.

sphinx

king king is the next project.  and i have the working script for king kong right here in front of me*

* no i don't**
** shut the fuck up sphinx ***
*** okay

MacGuffin

'Hobbitt,' 'Rings' Prequel, in the Works  

NEW YORK - Peter Jackson won't be returning to the Shire any time soon. The Oscar-winning director is planning to film "The Hobbit," the prequel to "The Lord of the Rings," trilogy by J.R.R. Tolkien, but two studios must first fight over legal rights to the film.

Jackson said New Line Cinema has the rights to make the movie, but MGM has the rights to distribute it.

"I guess MGM's lawyers and New Line's lawyers are going to have a huge amount of fun over the next few years trying to work it all out," he told reporters recently in Los Angeles, according to AP Radio. "I'm obviously busy for a couple of years on 'King Kong' so those lawyers can just go at it for a long time."

"The Hobbit" tells the story of Bilbo Baggins, who found the ring and eventually passes it on to his nephew, Frodo Baggins. Frodo's journey to Mount Doom to destroy the ring is the basis for the "Rings" books and films.

Jackson said if he were going to direct the movie, he'd want it to feel like the rest of the trilogy. On Sunday, Jackson won an Academy Award for best director shared the adapted-screenplay award with his two co-writers for the final "Rings" film, "The Return of the King."

"I'd want Ian McKellen to be back as Gandalf, I'd want it to feel like it was part of the same mythology that we've done with 'Lord of the Rings,'" Jackson said.

"The Return of the King" swept this year's Academy Awards, winning all 11 categories in which it was nominated.

Jackson is in the middle of remaking "King Kong," due out next year, starring Naomi Watts.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks