The New Format - SECOND ACCOUNTS STILL NOT ALLOWED

Started by MacGuffin, February 09, 2004, 04:52:21 PM

ono

Quote from: MacGuffinAnd how many of you actually suffered something missing in your lives when the site was down for a few hours like I did?
I would have, but luckily for me I had a meeting to go to, and the good ol' 'xax returned by the time I did.

And as for the dots, I too kinda wish they were brighter.  If they lit up something like orange for new posts, they'd be fine.  Blue and orange are complementary colors.

Quote from: MacGuffin

Hmmm....the diamond is dark when new posts are in the thread as opposed to the light blue when there are none . Are they not dark enough to notice?

And how many of you actually suffered something missing in your lives when the site was down for a few hours like I did?

Yeah, just a little, darker, is that possible?  i think that would be  just perfect.

and yeah, WORST TIME I'VE HAD IN MONTHS.... having no xixax.  i was surfing "websites".
context, context, context.

Duck Sauce

I think you should darken the dark diamond and lighten the light one a bit to give it more contrast.

XIXAX, you did good, and I completley relate on the losing interest in film thing.

ono

About the loss of the Feature Presentations forum, why not leave the forum open but require people to host their films to have them shown?  I think it's important that we keep that avenue open, even if we can't host those films.

I wish there was something I could do to help as far as hosting goes, but I'm sure we'll be able to meet the $25/month goal if everyone chips in a quarter, or a half-dollar, or so.

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin
And how many of you actually suffered something missing in your lives when the site was down for a few hours like I did?

I ran out of the office in mad panic.

Duck Sauce

If you want to cut down on bandwidth how about an limit to the avatar size you will host, and less movie scene banners... I dont know if that will help much, but every bit counts

ono

Yes, that would be nice.  There is a way to prevent images of a certain size and dimensions from being uploaded, and I'm almost sure there's a way to prevent uploading of animated gifs.  I think that would be a bit easier on the eyes and on the bandwidth.

Let's get rid of Idle Chatter.
No,  i kid.
I'm willing to cooperate on anything. I'd like to know if i should abstain of posting huuge articles from now on.
context, context, context.

ono

Quote from: chuckhimselfoI'm willing to cooperate on anything. I'd like to know if i should abstain of posting huuge articles from now on.
Text is the least of concerns where bandwidth is an issue.  Bandwidth consumed by text is too small to have any real effect.  Linking to huge articles is sometimes an option, but there are times when pasting is more appropriate, especially when one couldn't normally access the article, or it's rather brief.  At least, in my opinion.

Kal

Xixax I understand what you're saying. Hopefully you will still visit us periodically.

I like the new look and I'm willing to help out in any way possible to help run this place and make it grow. I will donate money if I can and Im also available personally and with all my resources to anything needed in here. Just let me know.

cine

Pretty soon, Xixax's tagline will be: "Less is more."

Reinhold

i dig the new look. i miss the movie banners, but if they're getting nixed because of bandwith issues, i understand. i'm quite broke, and therefore have no input.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

Xixax

Quote from: OnomatopoeiaAbout the loss of the Feature Presentations forum, why not leave the forum open but require people to host their films to have them shown?  I think it's important that we keep that avenue open, even if we can't host those films.

:yabbse-thumbup:

GREAT idea!

Admins?
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Finn

I think it's a little more plain than the older one. But it's a nice look.
Typical US Mother: "Remember what the MPAA says; Horrific, Deplorable violence is okay, as long as people don't say any naughty words."

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Xixax
Quote from: OnomatopoeiaAbout the loss of the Feature Presentations forum, why not leave the forum open but require people to host their films to have them shown?  I think it's important that we keep that avenue open, even if we can't host those films.

:yabbse-thumbup:

GREAT idea!

Admins?
I definitely vote yes.