The Master - Spoiler-Free Thread

Started by MacGuffin, December 02, 2009, 10:12:15 PM

Drenk

Ascension.

Drenk

Ascension.

Drenk

I've seen it at the Odeon. I'm finished. Hour after hour, it's better and better.
Ascension.

max from fearless

How was the experience Drenka? I was gonna come down, but it looked more or less sold out so I'm going again tomorrow...Odeon West, here I come...again!

Drenk

I've seen it again today; I was just behind an old man who began to talk loud to with wife during the title at the beginning of the film -by the way, it was funny, there was a "The Master" reversed at the top of the title. The old man asked questions to his wife, during the film, once or twice. She ignored him. :yabbse-grin:

So, I was so happy to see, finally see it, so everything was fantastic for me, even if the screen was not that big and all. It was just great. First time at London, too, and it's a great country to see it, I guess. I went out of the movie in peace. Haunted and in peace. Great. The second time was better, of course. The sweetness of Freddie killed me and saved me.

Ascension.

max from fearless

Drenka, I ended up seeing it again today as well, a spare of the moment thing, at the 8.25pm showing. Went by myself this time and really fell for the picture and Freddie/Master. It felt much tighter, I could see the structure and construction a little more clearly and marveled at it. I think PSH is incredible in this, and was in awe of his performance more than Phoenix, this time around. The film feels like PTA at his most rawest and economical ala Punch-Drunk Love.

Drenk

Great, it will be in 70mm at Paris, too ! And even I didn't thought it was that stunning at London, I can't wait to try the 35mm or the digital after the 70 mm -and i hope it's a bigger screen, at L'Arlequin, but I don't think so.
Ascension.

Pubrick

click this under each others name/av to have your little chat in private.
under the paving stones.

Drenk

The Master 70mm is in France. :bravo:

Ascension.

Jeremy Blackman

Drenk

Ascension.

Alexandro

cigs and vines has the master opening in mexico today. it didn't. if it doesn't open next weekend it's over until fucking february after all the christmas titles and films that have been out on blu ray for months (like margin call, opening today) have been released and the oscar nominations are announced. if the master doesn't make it to the ten nominated films who knows when it will be released.

Drenk

PTA and Joaquin will come in France for a Masterclass in december. But that's a private event or some bullshit like that so I can't go.
Ascension.

Ulivija

I watched Annapurna Pictures' DVD "Lawless" and saw the trailer for "The Master": Coming Soon to DVD!

I played it many, many times, and I played it loud! The picture quality was spectacular even on a cathode ray tube TV.

It's the trailer that begins with Freddie drumming on the window (as we hear Dodd's voice: "Man is not an animal"), and ends with Dodd telling him:
"If you leave here, I don't want to see you ever again... or you can stay."

Still waiting for the announcement of the Bluray/DVD release date. I suppose there's no way it can be released before we find out the Academy Award nominations.