Know Your Xixax: Donation begging and site news

Started by Xixax, December 02, 2006, 08:52:14 PM

The Perineum Falcon

We often went to the cinema, the screen would light up and we would tremble, but also, increasingly often, Madeleine and I were disappointed. The images had dated, they jittered, and Marilyn Monroe had gotten terribly old. We were sad, this wasn't the film we had dreamed of, this wasn't the total film that we all carried around inside us, this film that we would have wanted to make, or, more secretly, no doubt, that we would have wanted to live.

72teeth

Sorry it took so long, but i just made my first donation in honor of my 1000th post!

Ive been here for 7 years now and this is still the only place i visit for honest insightful film discussion, you guys have helped shape a passion that i consider to be the most important part of my life and i look forward to the thousands and thousand of hours we will share together staring at that screen. Thank you, all of you. 

BUT...

Fuck all y'all for this major upset known as the 2012 Xixax Awards!

Let my 1000th post go on record as being:
"FUCK"
in honor of Lars Von Trier and the Best Film of 2011!

Long Live "Melancholia"!!!

with love,
-teeth
Doctor, Always Do the Right Thing.

Yowza Yowza Yowza

polkablues

My house, my rules, my coffee

Pubrick

we've just activated the closest thing we could get to a karma feature.

You can now applaud our smite each other, so have fun with it.

Peace to all the haters.
under the paving stones.

polkablues

The karma system is dead.  Long live the karma system!

This new one is post-specific.  See the little up and down arrows at the top of the post?  If you appreciate a post, you can up-vote it, and you can down-vote if it's talking trash about your mom or something.  We'll be tweaking the settings as we go, so don't be surprised if there are minor changes in how it works over the next few days.

ono

polkablues

ono

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Robyn

HOLY SHIT

IT'S LIKE FACEBOOK IT'S JUST LIKE FACEBOOK GUYS

OMGGGG!!!!!

I like it.

Robyn

Fuck this! I can't even vote up my own posts.

Who's gonna do that now? This sucks, guys. It's just like facebook.

polkablues

Hey, remember the old, ugly shoutbox?  Well, stop remembering it, because the new, less ugly shoutbox is here!  Complete with such exciting features as smileys, italics, and underline!  It's just like Facebook?

Jeremy Blackman

polkablues

We should probably expound on that.

Essentially, when we decided to try out a karma system, the idea was born out of wanting to have a simple "like" system so that people could show appreciation for a post without necessarily having to reply to it. When we first installed this system, we just left it in its default settings to see how it went, and while there didn't seem to be any problems with enabling downvoting, we decided to go through with our original conception and change it to a system of appreciation only.

If you don't like a post, feel free to reply with a witty rejoinder, as always.