Is It Wrong to Hate Travolta?

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, August 12, 2003, 10:48:36 AM

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

I don't like too many of his movies, but what really bothers me is that he is a die-hard scientologist.  I openly hate sxientologists.

Did anyone else find it ironic that he was the bad guy in Battlefield Earth?

Georgia O'Keif's paintings look like vaginas.  Your thoughts?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SoNowThen

it's not fair that he gets to bang Kelly Preston.

But I don't mind most of his acting.
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

GodDamnImDaMan

no you cant hate Travolta.....

"Awwww Jeez, Ehhya Mya Dad Touched Mhy Haiah!"

(translation: Aww jees, Hey My Dad Touched My Hair)
Aclockworkjj:  I have like broncitious or something
Aclockworkjj:  sucks, when i cough, if feels like i am dying
Aclockworkjj:  i can barely smoke

http://www.shitzu.biz

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: God Damn Im Da Manno you cant hate Travolta.....

Why not!?!?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

RegularKarate

O'Keefe's painting are SUPPOSED to look like vaginas... that's why she's famous.

AlguienEstolamiPantalones

travolta is a god but i am too hung over if you can it that, to go into great detail

but his post pulp choices, have been shit short of 2 or 3 and thats kind

but he could be one of the best ever

Xixax

Scientology aside, Travolta rules. Saturday Night Fever, Urban Cowboy and Grease. Those three alone are enough to make him legendary.

Even some of his lesser known films I enjoyed a lot. Phenomenon, Primary Colors... Good stuff there.
Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

Gamblour.

I'm only a fan for Pulp Fiction and Look Who's Talking.

And who's making fun of scientology? DYSLEXIA CURES IT!!1  :wink:
WWPTAD?

filmcritic

"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

polkablues

Let's not kid ourselves... the man has a head that rivals Josh Brolin's in size.
My house, my rules, my coffee

snaporaz

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

But what's the message through O'Keefe's paintings of flower vaginas?  What is the message?!!?  

And why was Scientology made?? (Other than for money?)

cine

Quote from: Walrus, KooKookajoob
And why was Scientology made?? (Other than for money?)

Let's face it. That was a funny question.

atticus jones

"you can easily judge the character of others by how they treat those who can do nothing for them or to them"

malcolm s. forbes(1919-1990)

john is a good dude
my cause is the cause of a man who has never been defeated, and whose whole being is one all devouring, god given holy purpose

oakmanc234

Travolta's cool. I've always liked him. He's an enjoyable hero or villian.

And 'Battlefield Earth' isn't quite as bad as its made out to be. Its just a flick that people enjoy making fun of because of its rep.
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'