all things iPod (buying, using, breaking)

Started by cron, January 15, 2004, 11:48:12 AM

sickfins

from thinksecret.com

Apple's forthcoming "true" video iPod will feature a 4-inch display with a quarter-inch border, allowing the device to maintain dimensions typical of previous iPods, further sources have confirmed. Think Secret first broke word of the upcoming touch-screen iPod in early February.

That initial report pegged the new iPod's display at 3.5-inches, but reliable sources say that after considering both 3.5-inch and 4-inch prototypes, Apple has settled on the larger iteration for production.

The new iPod remains on track for an announcement possibly as soon as late March or early April but sources caution the roll-out could be pushed back pending an agreement with the movie industry on distributing feature-length content. Apple is said to be looking to launch the first movie content for sale on the iTunes Music Store in tandem with the new video iPod, capitalizing on the joint publicity each would garner while offering a clear incentive for early adopters to purchase the new iPod.

april 1st is a huge anniversary for apple, so it makes sense that they would pick that day to announce something wonderful.  bet you wish you waited to buy one like me a ha ha ha ho cough cough hack hack groan cough smile

also apparently it looks a little bit like this

context, context, context.

RegularKarate

you can't put a screen protector on it
It will get covered with scratches and fingerprints in seconds
the battery will last seven minutes
and other sour grapes

last days of gerry the elephant

Whoa, that looks pretty sweet...

Any news about bluetooth is what I ponder about... It's time for something more practical from apple I say.

modage

Microsoft designs the iPod package video...

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: modage on March 07, 2006, 12:17:06 PM
Microsoft designs the iPod package video...

Pretty hilarious.  :yabbse-grin:

"The problem with Microsoft is that they have no culture."
- Steve Jobs

killafilm

I think I have a deeper appreciation for my Ipod as of this morning.  I'm walking out to my car this morning, way sleepy, and not until I'm right by it do I realize that one of the back windows has been shattered.  No dents, can't tell that anyone tried to steal the car, or the car stereo, but my roomates cd case and my own are both missing.  That's all that was missing.  Who f*cking breaks a car window for some cds? So thank you Ipod for holding my CD collection.  And for whatever reason my roommate has ripped some 5,000+ songs onto the computer.  I did however get off of work due to waiting for the police and talking to insurance for what seemed like forever.  My new theory, March = worst month ever.

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

killafilm

Well, the window was fixed for $100, and apparently USAA will give me $250 for the CD's as that is their max or something.  So it could be way worse.

RegularKarate

People do that here all the time.  It's happened to me, my wife, and my brother.  They just smash a window, grab some CDs and run.  Joke was on them with my brother, the CDs AND the stereo had already been stolen, they smashed a window for nothing.

Reinhold

Quote from: RegularKarate on March 30, 2006, 12:51:39 PM
People do that here all the time.  It's happened to me, my wife, and my brother.  They just smash a window, grab some CDs and run.  Joke was on them with my brother, the CDs AND the stereo had already been stolen, they smashed a window for nothing.

... and i thought my jokes were shitty.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.

squints

Quote from: killafilm on March 29, 2006, 04:24:37 AM
My new theory, March = worst month ever.

Its that lousy smarch weather.
I used to have friends who would do things like that. Run around smashing windows or looking for open ones just to steal cds and cd players. The joke was more often than not on them because what're you gonna with 15 copies of Astro Creep 2000 and no case to sell it in? I was one of the good boys who stayed away from the streets, actually just stayed home and watched movies and played video games.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

Reinhold

the onion:

Dead iPod Remembered As Expensive
June 29, 2005 | Issue 41•26

VENTURA, CA—A third-generation, 30-GB iPod, serial number AP356372, died early Monday morning at age 2. "I'll never forget all the great music it used to play during my workouts," said the late iPod's owner Sarah Zartman at a brief memorial held over the junk drawer. "It was convenient, portable, and really pricey—almost $500." Zartman said that, had she known the iPod's lithium-ion battery would have such a short lifespan, she might have spent more time listening to it. AP356372 is survived by a BlackBerry.
Quote from: Pas Rap on April 23, 2010, 07:29:06 AM
Obviously what you are doing right now is called (in my upcoming book of psychology at least) validation. I think it's a normal thing to do. People will reply, say anything, and then you're gonna do what you were subconsciently thinking of doing all along.