HAIM - "Valentine"

Started by velociraptor, April 27, 2017, 09:45:40 AM

Jeremy Blackman

That dolly in at 2:05.

This actually reminds me of the "Try" video somehow. Good stuff.

Reel

I'm a bigger fan of the faces the blonde makes than the actual music

wilberfan

Quote from: Reelist on October 03, 2017, 05:23:06 PM
I'm a bigger fan of the faces the blonde makes than the actual music

Exactly!   Este's "Bass Face" is awesome!   http://bit.ly/2xR9JBC

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Drenk on October 02, 2017, 09:46:58 AM

I saw this playing on a bank of TVs in Target the other day. It also has 1.8 million views on Youtube in less than 3 months.

wilder

wilberfan

Another P.T. Anderson Joint?   One would certainly assume so at this point?

Jeremy Blackman

modage

SPOILERS

The cut to nighttime and back.  :bravo:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

wilberfan

Quote from: Jeremy Blackman on January 26, 2018, 05:57:26 PM
Yep, it's PTA.

Ah, indeed...

"I do music videos because the Haim girls are in my life. As long as they're around, I'll hopefully be doing music videos for them. That's one of the best creative relationships I've had in a while. I love those girls. I hope to do their whole filmography. I love them. It's great music, they're super charismatic to film. Everything we do is like a home movie because it's a very familial type situation," the director told us in an interview last month.

modage

Pro-tip: check the YouTube description next time you need confirmation. Credits are usually listed there.  :yabbse-wink:
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

csage97

I reckon that new video was shot in anamorphic. The giveaways are the aspect ratio and the lens flare at night. Tests for the next movie, perhaps? I would love to see PTA shoot anamorphic on the next feature.

jenkins

a photo of PTA outside The New Bev shooting with HAIM tonight

wilberfan

Your photo, or someone else's?   Any details?   I'm guessing they would have had to shutdown the block, etc, to keep the faithful at bay?

Drenk

It might be for Vampire Weekend.
Ascension.