Pearl Jam

Started by rustinglass, July 21, 2003, 03:02:55 PM

rustinglass

Quote from: OmegaSlackerOne "knock" that I have against Pearl Jam is that a couple of their better songs Yellow Ledbetter and Footsteps aren't widely available. Granted, in this age of any song being fairly easy to get due to P2P software, it's not that bad, but you'd think two of the best songs a band has released would be easier for someone without internet connection to get.

you can find them both on this single
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

OmegaSlacker

Quote from: rustinglassyou can find them both on this single
Yeah, I actually own that single, but that single still isn't in wide release (not anymore anyway). I've had the single for a long time (I also have the songs in a Pearl Jam box set I bought), but it took a bit of hunting down to find.

The PJ box set I have is awesome. It's called Hallucinogenic Recipe and it features a ton of shit over five discs. Anyone have it/heard of it? If you can find it, it's worth picking up.

CD#1 - Mother Love Bone: Studio Master Demos
Tru Fade Away/Savoy Fare Slide/Waiting For You/Stardog Champion/Chloe Dancer/Half Ass Monkey/Dream Come True/Gentle Groove/Greasy(She's So)/Heartshine/Untitled/ Ever Kissed A Lady/Holly Roller/These R No Blues/ Playground/Savoy Fare Slide/Country Shmoe & The Fist/Rhapsody In Chartreuse

CD#2 - Green River 1st demos
New God/Tunnel Of Love/Untitled/Leech/Twist/Fear/Baby Help Me../33 rps
           Stone Gossard demos
New God/Wierd A (Animal)/Richard E/E Ballad (Black)/Wreck/Pushin Forward Back/The King (Evenflow)

CD#3 - Eddie Vedder solo demos
Just Wanted You To Know/What Do You Want/Believe/Live/ Stand By (A very early recording of Better Man)/It's Just A Book/Just Wanted You To Know (2nd version)/What The Fuck Is Up/I'm Alive, How's That/Broken Down/What The Fuck Is Up (2nd version)/Believe (2nd version)/I'm Alive, How's That (2nd version)/I Don't Know
            Eddie with the Doors at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame
Roadhouse Blues/Break On Through/Light My Fire
            With Stone at the Bob Dylan Tribute
Master Of War (Bob Dylan tribute)

CD#4 - Outtakes
Let Me Sleep/Rambling 1
           Ten Outtakes
Wash (remix)/Dirty Frank/Oceans (1st mix)/Footsteps/Yellow Ledbetter/Release/Alive/ Breath/State Of Love And Trust
            VS. Outtakes
The Whipping/Don't Need/Hard To Imagine/Girl/Alone/Mystery

CD#5 - Live at The Aladdin, Las Vegas 01/12/93
Animal/Why Go/Jeremy/Glorified G/Daughter/Evenflow (with Urge Overkill & Mudhoney)/Garden/Blood/State Of Love And Trust/Porch/Rearview Mirror/Alone/Rockin In A Free World/Indifference.
          BONUS
Leach (San Francisco 28/10/93)/Crazy Mary (New Orleans 17/11/93 - with Victoria Williams)
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

NEON MERCURY

damn....omega that  box set looks sweet

rustinglass

I didn't know that girl was a VS outtake. I think that they were playing that one back when they were called mookie blaylock
"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

OmegaSlacker

Quote from: rustinglassI didn't know that girl was a VS outtake. I think that they were playing that one back when they were called mookie blaylock
I'm not sure when they wrote that song. I just copied the songs the were they were listed on the CDs in the set and the CD those songs were on were called Outtakes and split into Ten and VS
When I was just a baby, my momma told me, "Son, always be a good boy, don't ever play with guns." But I shot a man in Reno, just to watch him die.

NEON MERCURY

Man...of   all Pearl Jam's studio albums rate them 1-7 (one being your fav. of them all...7 being your least fav. even though all of them kick ass!)...pick five highlights also...

7. binural-i think this is still a solid album... but not by fav.
highlights-grievance, rival, light years, nothing as it seems,insignificance

6.vs.-a great second effort-.....highlights-daughter, animal, indifference,go,w.m.a.

5.vitalogy-this is an album of 1/2(classics) and 1/2(obscures)...highlights-last exit, immortality, betterman, nothingman, corduroy

4.yield-what i like about this album is that it is varied musically...highlights-in hiding, no way,mfc, all those yesterdays, do the evolution

3.no code-very aptly titled...very strange album...highlights...present tense, hail hail, sometimes, habit , in my tree

2.riot act-then one blew me away upon first hearing very solid..they just keep on going man...highlights-you are, all or none, ghost, save you, love boat captian  

1.TEN-the one that started it all...if it wasn't for the impact of this one then there would be no vs., vitalogy, no code, yield, binural, riot act......highlights-porch, black, garden,  even flow, alive

man that was hard

Pwaybloe

When I was in high school, one of my best friends used to listen to "Garden" from TEN to pump himself up before a football game.

NEON MERCURY

Quote from: mogwai

Content

Main footage ?

Love Boat Captain 7.8.03 New York, NY
Evolution 4.23.03 Champaign, IL
Spin The Black Circle 4.28.03 Philadelphia, PA
*Save You 3.3.03 Tokyo, JAP
Ghost 5.28.03 Missoula, MT
Gimme Some Truth 6.7.03 Phoenix, AZ
*Green Disease>Not For You 2.16.03 Adelaide, AUS
Light Years 6.18.03 Chicago, IL
Present Tense 4.30.03 Uniondale, NY
*1/2 Full 2.8.03 Brisbane, AUS
Insignificance 2.20.03 Melbourne, AUS
*Blood 7.5.03 Camden, NJ
Thumbing My Way 5.30.03 Vancouver, BC
*Immortality 2.11.03 Sydney, AUS
Indifference 7.8.03 New York, NY**
Baba O?Riley 5.2.03 Buffalo, NY

........ :shock:  :shock:  :shock:  :shock: .i hope this turns out to be legit........THIS IS EQUIVALENT TO ARONOFSKY'S THE FOUNTAIN.to me......the songs i qouted would be so freaking sweet to see live......especially indifference that song is brilliant................thanks mogwai..........

NEON MERCURY

Check this out.... 8)

..I went into best buy just brows'n and in  the Pearl jam section I saw and immediately purchased this:

Pearl Jam live:  New York, New York  July 8th and July 9th 2003  5  disc Set....for ONLY  $24.99

disc. 1

love boat captian
last exit
save you
green disease
in my tree
cropduster
even flow
gimme some truth
i am mine
low light
faithful
wishlist

disc. 2

lukin
grievance
1/2 full
black
spin the black circle
rvm
encore break
you are
thumbing my way
daughter *

disc. 3

CROWN OF THORNS
breath
betterman
do the evolution
encore break
crazy mary
indifference *
SONIC REDUCER
baba o'riley
yellow ledbetter

...ends july 8th show

disc. 4

crazy mary
save you
hail hail
whipping
corduroy
red mosquito
dissident
i am mine
get right
given to fly
evacuation
even flow
i believe in miracles
untitled
mfc
deep
PRESENT TENSE

disc. 5

nothingman
STATE OF LOVE AND TRUST
porch
encore break
you've got to hide your love away
small town
glorified g
all or none
do the evolution
alive
encore break
go
know your rightd
rockin' in the free world
yellow ledbetter

...ends july 9th show

*  w/ ben harper

..As you can see this is freak'n amazing... ..pick it up!

rustinglass

I envy you, my friend.
I've got an mp3 of eddie telling a guy in the audience who threw a coin at him to go fuck himself  :P
-Emir Kusturica

NEON MERCURY

JUST KEEPS GETTING BETTER AND BETTER FOR US....pearl Jam fans ...
thanks for the info......

mogwai

watch the trailer for the upcoming release of the pearl jam live dvd "live at the garden". enjoy!

rustinglass

excellent!
will the release be worldwide?
-Emir Kusturica

Ghostboy

I've only liked a handful of Pearl Jam songs, but the one at the end of Big Fish is great...especially in context with the movie.

freakerdude

Quote from: GhostboyI've only liked a handful of Pearl Jam songs.
Evenflow (yes, the song) was the erection and orgasm for their entire career IMO. And one of the guitar players even admitted he distinctly tried to imitate Stevie Ray Vaughn's style on that song. Pearl Jam made a mark but w/o any substantial longevity. Their niche was the time it came about. I saw them on SNL twice and they really couldn't do it live....it was embarrassingly bad.

And Rolling Stone was quoted as claiming they would be the next Led Zep.......same as what they said about Guns N Roses. R&R burnout bands is what they became and they went up in a flash.
MC Pee Pants