The Official Twin Peaks Thread (TOTPT)

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 15, 2003, 03:29:03 PM

matt35mm

Quote from: jenkins<3 on January 07, 2014, 11:14:26 AM
DAVID LYNCH IS FILMING 'TWIN PEAKS' AGAIN, IN FITTING WITH THE SERIES' END
QuoteAre you ready to get weird again? Because David Lynch is ready to get weird (continuously). In that he seems to be gearing up to film more Twin Peaks. So there's that. Are you ready? We're not sure if we're ready. In the finale episode of Twin Peaks Laura Palmer tells Kyle MacLachlan's Special Agent Dale Cooper that she will see him again in 25 years. That series was set in 1989 (though it aired '90-'91), so 25 five years from then is...well, right about now. 2014, to be exact, so in fact it's exactly now. Oh god. What does it mean.

For now it means that David Lynch is totally filming new Twin Peaks footage. There's a casting call and everything! It includes the term "HOT Caucasian girl," which is a term that should at once be used all the time and never ever again. Via Sande Alessi Casting and Welcome To Twin Peaks, here's the call itself:

http://www.bustle.com/articles/11851-david-lynch-is-filming-twin-peaks-again-in-fitting-with-the-series-end

Hmm, Mark Frost tweeted that it was a "strange baseless rumor."

https://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/419638635466465281

So maybe this is not an official project, or maybe even entirely not real (could be the casting agency was swindled). Or that it's just a tiny thing that's being made for the blu-ray release and nobody felt the need to tell Mark Frost about it.

jenkins

Drenk

Ascension.

Alexandro

I rewatched Fire Walk with Me last night, just my second viewing after the seeing it in 1999 or something. I had forgotten everything, and I'm thinking this might be Lynch's masterpiece.

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tortuga

As a sort of crossover with the "stupid things people say in theaters" thread, have a look at the Facebook comments for the restoration video. It's one of those masochistic cringe-reads. I can almost more or less imagine that some people will fail to see much difference aside from a change in contrast and that it would look "less washed out". But it gets painful when there are smartasses who need to share their opinion on how terrible this is, while not getting the difference in definition and dynamic range between the primary source (original film negatives) and the secondary source they know and love (whichever shitty tape format the episodes were stored on and broadcast from back in the 90s). Almost as if they assume the secondary tape source was the true original primary format, and it has now been blown up to HD through some digital witchcraft? I'm curious about how they imagine something like that would work out; do they assume someone added CGI wrinkles to Bob's face or something?

It's almost as if George Lucas has single handedly distorted the basic concept a lot of people have of film restoration.

Fernando

Earlier today, CBS announced they will be releasing Lynch's interviews with the Palmer family -- Laura, Leland and Sarah -- as part of the "Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery" Blu-ray package, which will be released on July 29th. The package will also include never before seen deleted scenes and unused footage.

Fortunately for diehards, the network has provided us with a snippet of one of the "Between Two Worlds" interviews. It's a short conversation between Lynch and the family patriarch, Leland Palmer. Taking place in between two worlds, at some sort of restaurant/cafe location, Lynch asks Leland what he remembers feeling about his wife and daughter, 25 years after her death (and his own). For those of you who've watched Lynch's landmark TV program, it's a sight to behold.

Via: Indiewire

Fernando

Quote from: MacGuffin on November 07, 2007, 09:18:19 AM
Interview with DVD Producer Charles de Lauzirika

I just hope those deleted scenes are finally released. I know of at least a couple people on various message boards who won't find true happiness in life unless those damn things come out.

Those people are about to find true happiness...

Twin Peaks: The Entire Mystery Blu-ray -- FULL TRAILER

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Axolotl

Look at the timestamps

http://twitter.com/DAVID_LYNCH/status/518060411690569730

http://twitter.com/mfrost11/status/518060486156230656

It's not April 1 so it would be cruel if they're just fucking with us and it's a veiled announcement of their new coffee flavored chewing gum venture.

MacGuffin

Twin Peaks On Showtime?

Sorry Netflix, but the continuation of Twin Peaks could very well be heading to cable network Showtime soon.

After Friday's mystery "Twin Tweets" from David Lynch and Mark Frost that seem to imply the return of Twin Peaks in some form or another, it turns out that Mark Frost's most recent follow on Twitter is Showtime's head of PR, Trisha Cardoso. And she follows him back.

Now, remember the Twin Peaks creators' tweets were published simultaneously at 11:30 AM EST. As pointed out, that's the exact same time Dale Cooper enters Twin Peaks for the very first time, although that would be Pacific (Northwest) Time. EST suggests an NY connection, and guess where Showtime (and their marketing team) is located? Yes, on Broadway in New York City.

Need a stronger argument? Showtime Networks is the subsidiary of CBS Corporation, of which the CBS Home Entertainment division released the Twin Peaks Blu-ray last summer.

This is still a rumor, but the big reveal is upon us. Stay tuned!

Skeleton FilmWorks

Tortuga

But what to expect from any sort of potential Twin Peaks sequel? An all-CGI Killer Bob? Twin Peaks teenagers using smartphones/internet? Coop videoconferencing with Diane?
It's hard to imagine the place in 2014.

And bring back agent Denise Bryson, as main character this time pls!!

Edit: David, Mark PLS!!!

Punch

'Twin Peaks' Returns As Showtime Limited Series From David Lynch & Mark Frost

Twin Peaks fans' quarter-century wait is over. One of the top cult series of all time is coming back with a new limited series on Showtime from its original creators, David Lynch and Mark Frost. I've learned that the nine-episode series will go into production in 2015 for a premiere in 2016 to mark the 25th anniversary of when the series finished its run on ABC. In a fact that will delight Twin Peaks devotees, Lynch and Frost will write and produce all nine episodes, with Lynch set to direct every episode.

http://deadline.com/2014/10/twin-peaks-series-showtime-david-lynch-mark-frost-845804/
"oh you haven't truly watched a film if you didn't watch it on the big screen" mumbles the bourgeois dipshit

Jeremy Blackman

Quote from: Punch on October 06, 2014, 10:43:48 AMLynch and Frost will write and produce all nine episodes, with Lynch set to direct every episode.

:inlove:

!!!!