Mark Ruffalo

Started by NEON MERCURY, July 04, 2003, 06:55:14 PM

NEON MERCURY

I thought he ruled in -you can count on me- ...He stole every scene he was in (kind-a like lewis did  in "gangs")

I think he reminds me alot like Brando

O-P-I-N-I-O-N-S

Ernie

That's always been one of my favorite preformances, definitely. They always talk about Laura Linney in that but I think he's the real deal...he definitely steals every single scene that he's in from her.

You should see this little movie called Safe Men if you can, it's this fucking hilarious obscure comedy w/ Sam Rockwell and Steve Zahn...I can't say Ruffalo has a big part...he plays this pathetic ex boyfriend...but he's hilarious in all of his scenes, it's a great movie too...try and see it if you haven't. IFC shows it a lot, you can catch it on there a lot of the time. If you like Paul Giamatti, you MUST hunt it down, it's his funniest role ever. I'm going to buy the VHS used off of amazon...that's like the only way you can buy it I think, unless ebay has it.

Anyway, I don't really know if he reminds me of Brando I guess, I never really took the time to compare them. I'll have to think about that.

NEON MERCURY

Thanks for the Advice for SaFe Men...I agree that he is the real deal(someone to look forward to in future films)

*the Brando reference comes from the fact that he kind-a looks like him(young Brando  :wink:) in the face

chainsmoking insomniac

Quote from: ebeamanThat's always been one of my favorite preformances, definitely. They always talk about Laura Linney in that but I think he's the real deal...he definitely steals every single scene that he's in from her.

You should see this little movie called Safe Men if you can, it's this fucking hilarious obscure comedy w/ Sam Rockwell and Steve Zahn...I can't say Ruffalo has a big part...he plays this pathetic ex boyfriend...but he's hilarious in all of his scenes, it's a great movie too...try and see it if you haven't. IFC shows it a lot, you can catch it on there a lot of the time. If you like Paul Giamatti, you MUST hunt it down, it's his funniest role ever. I'm going to buy the VHS used off of amazon...that's like the only way you can buy it I think, unless ebay has it.

Anyway, I don't really know if he reminds me of Brando I guess, I never really took the time to compare them. I'll have to think about that.

Yes.  That was a fucking hilarious movie.  The Jewish mob!  :lol:
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

jokerspath

After I saw YCCOM, I seriously thought this guy could pull off anything.  I love love love that fucking scene with the Culkin kid and Ruffalo where he enters his old room and starts talking to him about the kid's father, and he calls his father an asshole and starts talking about how he'd always try to one-up you in sports, stories, anything.  The dialogue is so goddamned perfect, and Ruffalo delivers it with such an air of disgust and contempt that I can't remember a time watching it where I haven't started the scene over again just to enjoy it twice.  

I just love the fact that Ruffalo's character just totally has no idea how to act around his nephew; he expects him to be just as jaded and cynical and their interactions are just priceless.  That performance is a pleasure to watch...

aw
THIS IS NOT AN EXIT

MacGuffin

Mark Ruffalo Joining Graduate Follow-Up
Source: Variety

Mark Ruffalo (13 Going on 30) is set to join Jennifer Aniston and Shirley MacLaine in the Ted Griffin-directed untitled romantic comedy that advances the storyline of The Graduate at Warners Bros.

Variety says that Ruffalo will play the fiance of a young woman (Aniston) who vows to discover the identity of her father, after she finds out that her grandmother (MacLaine) was the basis for the character of predatory seductress Mrs. Robinson in the seminal '60s film.

Kevin Costner is still in talks to play the role of a tycoon who has a fling with the young woman. Griffin, who wrote Ocean's Twelve, penned the film which begins shooting this summer.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

UncleJoey

An older acquaintance of mine actually went to school with him for awhile. He says he's a really good guy, and Ruffalo stops by their Cafe in my hometown whenever he's visiting Wisconsin (which actually happens from time to time as he's from Kenosha). Hopefully, one day I can meet him. Talented guy.
Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things: Jack and shit . . . and Jack just left town.

ElPandaRoyal

You Can Count On Me, XX/XY, Eternal Sunshine... Yeah, he's a really great actor for whom I might have a part in a movie which, as you all know would be an honour... for him. Oh, although the movie is kind of a disappointment, he was also good in In The Cut. He can do no wrong.
Si

NEON MERCURY

in the cut is ......[even though its overused] underrated and missunderstood..where is eez28???...........remember dude..back in they day you said something along the lines of MARK Ruffalo will NEVER be a star!..............hmmm..... :wink: