Independent Focus: PT Anderson

Started by BonBon85, February 07, 2003, 08:30:05 PM

BonBon85

Tomorrow (Feb 7) IFC's going to be playing the PTA interview at 9:30 a.m.

chainsmoking insomniac

I taped it. It's great. He's so fucking wired during the interview. Plus he says that someday he'll quit smoking....yeah, right! lol
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

Victor

does anybody own this who would care to make a copy and mail it to me? some of us poor blokes cant afford ifc. id be willing to shell 10 bucks for it, plus you get to be my best friend forever. any takers?
are you gonna eat with us too?

Duck Sauce

Quote from: Lesterdoes anybody own this who would care to make a copy and mail it to me? some of us poor blokes cant afford ifc. id be willing to shell 10 bucks for it, plus you get to be my best friend forever. any takers?

Why not just upload it?

Victor

man im sittin here in the stone age, windows 95 with no speakers either and shit. anyway im cool now, the bidding is closed.
are you gonna eat with us too?

Camel Lights

Um.... can I buy a copy as well? A few bucks richer, another best friend...

thanx

moonshiner

it's funny when he can't hold out any longer right at the end of the show, and lights a cigarette....funny as hell, classic story about his experience with NYU film school too.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: moonshinerit's funny when he can't hold out any longer right at the end of the show, and lights a cigarette....funny as hell, classic story about his experience with NYU film school too.

You know, a film critic for the Boston Phoenix told me that he's not 100% sure about that NYU story because he interviewed PTA after Boogie Nights, I think it was, and he told me that Paul told him that exact same college story, but instead of NYU he said Emerson College (in boston). Then he read pta's college story in another article and this time it was nyu. strange.

Duck Sauce

Quote from: EL__SCORCHO
Quote from: moonshinerit's funny when he can't hold out any longer right at the end of the show, and lights a cigarette....funny as hell, classic story about his experience with NYU film school too.

You know, a film critic for the Boston Phoenix told me that he's not 100% sure about that NYU story because he interviewed PTA after Boogie Nights, I think it was, and he told me that Paul told him that exact same college story, but instead of NYU he said Emerson College (in boston). Then he read pta's college story in another article and this time it was nyu. strange.

Yeah, i have a tough time buying that story too. NYU is and was a pretty tough school to get into, and if the shit Ive read about PTA being a poor student, getting in fights and getting kicked out of school is true, i have a problem believing he got into NYU in the first place.

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Duck Sauce

Yeah, i have a tough time buying that story too. NYU is and was a pretty tough school to get into, and if the shit Ive read about PTA being a poor student, getting in fights and getting kicked out of school is true, i have a problem believing he got into NYU in the first place.

if an admission personel catches the aroma of money, bad grades can be OVERLOOKED, if you get my drift. how do you think George W BUSH got into yale or harvard or wherever the hell he went..
...your excuses are your own...

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: cowboykurtis
Quote from: Duck Sauce

if an admission personel catches the aroma of money, bad grades can be OVERLOOKED, if you get my drift. how do you think George W BUSH got into yale or harvard or wherever the hell he went..

there are a lot of rich kids that don't get into nyu. Not everyone can buy their way in.

cowboykurtis

and how do you know this? are you a rich kid that couldnt buy his way in? maybe the kids that couldnt get in wern't rich enough --  enough money can buy you anything.

moonshiner

also, well documented that his dad was in show business, that coupled with having a little bit of money....AND who's to say that Paul really did so poorly in school, maybe THAT's something he just says....

all that aside, what is true in most of our minds is that he is a great fuckin' story teller, and that's a great story, true or not...very funny and at least a truthful anecdote on how he feels about film school.
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

cowboykurtis

Quote from: moonshineralso, well documented that his dad was in show business, that coupled with having a little bit of money....AND who's to say that Paul really did so poorly in school, maybe THAT's something he just says....

all that aside, what is true in most of our minds is that he is a great fuckin' story teller, and that's a great story, true or not...very funny and at least a truthful anecdote on how he feels about film school.

agreed

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: cowboykurtisand how do you know this? are you a rich kid that couldnt buy his way in? maybe the kids that couldnt get in wern't rich enough --  enough money can buy you anything.

i didnt have to buy shit, I earned my way in. And a good friend of mine works in the admissions office and this year over 30 thousand kids applied for fall 2003. They can't go by bribe money alone, they've got plenty of kids to choose from. Though Brett Ratner got in through begging I heard, so i guess that says something.