World's Biggest Boogie Nights Fan

Started by Moniker Jones, April 25, 2003, 12:08:14 AM

Moniker Jones

this was a title i received about 5 years ago on some PTA fansite

the webmaster appointed me to the throne after a series of e-mails in which i proved how obsessed i was with the film

at that point, i had seen it 9 times in the theaters, and i owned the poster, a shirt, both soundtracks, the script, and god only knows what else

that site no longer exists, i'm sure (i should prolly check), but i still think it's his finest film, and one of the greatest films of the 90s

PTA is a natural-born filmmaker, and a truly original voice in modern cinema
you're never too young to be the moral center of any particular universe

Tiff

the fact that you believe a shirt and a poster are representative of your love for the film is really reassuring...
"Shut the fuck up!"

Moniker Jones

Quote from: Tiffthe fact that you believe a shirt and a poster are representative of your love for the film is really reassuring...

it's not

i'm just pointing out how pathetic i was back then

none of that helped me attain this much-sought-after position, however

it took much convincing, via e-mails fraught with quotes and analyses  of/from the film

i'll school any of you chumps when it comes to Boogie Nights

i may not know the gaffer's name, but i know a good film when i see it

:oops:

cowboykurtis

Quote from: Moniker Jones
Quote from: Tiffthe fact that you believe a shirt and a poster are representative of your love for the film is really reassuring...

it's not

i'm just pointing out how pathetic i was back then

none of that helped me attain this much-sought-after position, however

it took much convincing, via e-mails fraught with quotes and analyses  of/from the film

i'll school any of you chumps when it comes to Boogie Nights

i may not know the gaffer's name, but i know a good film when i see it

:oops:

do you want a trophy?
...your excuses are your own...

Duck Sauce

I also love how you feel you need to prove how much you know about a film to the point where you make movie watching into a contest. And BTW there is no fucking way you can take out Greg, Sphinx, Mac, Pubrick, GT and all the other former PTANDERSON.COM board gods when it comes to BNs....  Lock this bitch please before BN gets degraded any more

Moniker Jones

Quote from: Duck SauceI also love how you feel you need to prove how much you know about a film to the point where you make movie watching into a contest. And BTW there is no fucking way you can take out Greg, Sphinx, Mac, Pubrick, GT and all the other former PTANDERSON.COM board gods when it comes to BNs....  Lock this bitch please before BN gets degraded any more

so what you're saying is that you prefer an old sock to one without holes

chainsmoking insomniac

So moniker, do you want me to wax your car?  Seems like you've already done that DUDE. We're all obsessed with his films, so say something interesting.
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"
 --Paul Schneider, All the Real Girls

chainsmoking insomniac

"Ernest Hemingway once wrote: 'The world's a fine place, and worth fighting for.'  I agree with the second part."
    --Morgan Freeman, Se7en

"Have you ever fucking seen that...? Ever seen a mistake in nature?  Have you ever seen an animal make a mistake?"

neatahwanta

Keener

I rented it this week and was dissapointed to find the copy I rented didn't work.  Now I have to drive across town to the other video store to see it. Hope it lives up to Magnolia.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

EL__SCORCHO

Boogie Nights is amazing. My 2nd favorite movie of all time.

Keener

Thanks for rubbing it in.

Somehow...someway...I will rent this movie. Oh yes...I will rent this movie.
Alabama Film Forum
Uniting film lovers and filmmakers of Alabama

Cecil

waitaminute? world's biggest boogie nights fan? does this mean youre morbidly obese?

chainsmoking insomniac

--Morgan Freeman, Se7en