I Just Bought...

Started by ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ, October 25, 2003, 05:14:10 PM

ComixFan

I finally, finally, FINALLY found a copy of Hard Eight, so I bought it on an impulse. I knew I would never see it again. :)

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: FeloniousFunk
I'm not a spammer. I was just telling Gamblor du Jour that I didn't buy them used, and that I bought them brand new. I guess I can see how what I said earlier looks like spamming....I didn't mean to "Spam" this thread. My bad.

I've been checking this board out for a long time now, I just recently decided to post because of that DeepDiscountDVD deal going on a couple of weeks ago. I will try to contribute more to this board other than the DVDs that I buy.

PEACE

Then apologies for the Fuck you, but seriously the whoel Columbia house thing you pulled just sounded so cheesy.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

SoNowThen

merry chistmas to me, merry christmas to me....
Those who say that the totalitarian state of the Soviet Union was not "real" Marxism also cannot admit that one simple feature of Marxism makes totalitarianism necessary:  the rejection of civil society. Since civil society is the sphere of private activity, its abolition and replacement by political society means that nothing private remains. That is already the essence of totalitarianism; and the moralistic practice of the trendy Left, which regards everything as political and sometimes reveals its hostility to free speech, does nothing to contradict this implication.

When those who hated capital and consumption (and Jews) in the 20th century murdered some hundred million people, and the poster children for the struggle against international capitalism and America are now fanatical Islamic terrorists, this puts recent enthusiasts in an awkward position. Most of them are too dense and shameless to appreciate it, and far too many are taken in by the moralistic and paternalistic rhetoric of the Left.

Fernando

Banky

Weak2ndAct

Yeah, I'm all over the place:

rustinglass

"In Serbia a lot of people hate me because they want to westernise, not understanding that the western world is bipolar, with very good things and very bad things. Since they don't have experience of the west, they even believe that western shit is pie."
-Emir Kusturica

billybrown

Quote from: Weak2ndActYeah, I'm all over the place:
Just wondering... Bad Boys 2? Pourqoui?  :o  :?

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: rustinglassoffice is tha shit

No no no... it's a TV show, I think.
Si

Weak2ndAct

Quote from: billybrownJust wondering... Bad Boys 2? Pourqoui?  :o  :?
We all have our guilty pleasures.

billybrown

Quote from: Weak2ndAct
Quote from: billybrownJust wondering... Bad Boys 2? Pourqoui?  :o  :?
We all have our guilty pleasures.

Fair enough. I guess we do. I'll give you that... I guess.  :)

Ghostboy

My first contribution to this thread:

Only 5.99, plus it had a big effect on me when it first came out, and the long last shot is just beautiful. The main reason I picked it up now is because I'm about to start shooting a conversation piece and want to watch as many examples as possible.

billybrown

Quote from: GhostboyMy first contribution to this thread:

Only 5.99, plus it had a big effect on me when it first came out, and the long last shot is just beautiful. The main reason I picked it up now is because I'm about to start shooting a conversation piece and want to watch as many examples as possible.

What film is it you speak of, as I can't see the image on my computer... I get the famous red x in a box that says image beside it.  Most of them I do see, some I do not. :(

Ghostboy

Strange, it shows up on mine (it's the cool theatrical poster, not the lame video cover). Oh, it's Two Girls And A Guy.

Gamblour.

Quote from: GhostboyStrange, it shows up on mine (it's the cool theatrical poster, not the lame video cover). Oh, it's Two Girls And A Guy.

I noticed that if I've recently visited the pictures source link, it'll appear, but if it's not recently cached, the red x appears. It's weird.
WWPTAD?