(Wes Anderson) American Express Commercial

Started by meatwad, April 09, 2006, 10:04:02 AM

meatwad

did anybody else see the american express commercial directed by wes anderson and starring wes and jason schwartzman?

they played it before the inside man when i saw it

MacGuffin

It's Wes Anderson's World, We Just Live In It
Source: Ray Richmond, pastdeadline.com

During the "Thank You For Smoking" screening I attended on Saturday, an unexpected treat was a two-minute or so American Express commercial with filmmaker Wes Anderson that was -- dare I say -- brilliant, featuring a self-deprecating Anderson encountering myriad uproarious curiosities on his movie set. This may be damning it with faint praise, but this had to be easily the most artful and imaginative pre-movie ad I've ever seen. Haven't been able to snag it online to share, however. I promise to do so when it becomes available.
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

meatwad

here is the commercial. low, youtube quality

modage

thats, like, the best commercial ever.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

squints

interesting...horrible quality though. I just might go see Thank You for Smoking now.
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

pete

wow, I thought I'd gotten over Wes.
"Tragedy is a close-up; comedy, a long shot."
- Buster Keaton

JG

This wasn't at my Thank You for Smoking. 

modage

Quote from: pete on April 24, 2006, 02:02:59 PM
wow, I thought I'd gotten over Wes.
i did too, but i just can't quit him.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

RegularKarate

Isn't that pretty much from Day for Night?  I guess in a way, it goes along with the style of the commercial that makes fun of his style while using his style.

Good commercial though.

polkablues

That commercial kind of makes me want to see Wes Anderson act in his movies.
My house, my rules, my coffee

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

yeh I found Wes acting out his own type of comedy made me laugh REALLY hard for some reason =D
:yabbse-thumbup:  plus he kinda looks like Beck now, so it makes that funny too

polkablues

Compare and contrast:

Old, geeky Wes

New, dreamy Wes

My house, my rules, my coffee

hedwig

his spindly physique reminds me of Mr Burns with better posture.

greenowl

you can also see it at moxiepictures.com in a quicktime version
just click "new work" and its on the bottom left.

"Are those my birds?"