What are we reading?

Started by edison, September 21, 2003, 11:20:03 PM

Pedro

Quote from: classical gas
Quote from: Pedro the Wombat
Quote from: classical gas"Ask the Dust" John Fante
excellent choice

currently

I had a complete love/hate relationship with this book after I read it.
that's what i hear from everyone that's read it, hopefully i'll be able to get through it...it's kind of a struggle.

Thrindle

Atlas Shrugged sits in my bookcase - untouched.  I have not had the guts to touch it... don't really even know what to expect.

I have fear.
Classic.

Pubrick

Quote from: coffeebeetlePaul Auster's New York Trilogy
i stopped at the second story. overrated.

maybe it was cool in the 80s..
under the paving stones.

doja

white nights - dostoevsky

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: El Duderino
Quote from: Mr. NamelessNumberHeadManCHOKE

fantastic book. how did you like it?

I don't know what to think...

It's the only book (other than the Bible) that makes me a bit ashamed to be aroused.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

MacGuffin

"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

Just Withnail

Just finished Peter Cowie's "Revolution!", surprised myself by finishing it so fast that I don't know what to start reading next.

moonshiner

Dickens' A Tale of Two Cities
the rumble of the train trails off to infinity, a place where no one goes anymore

JC, no not that one

Pubrick

under the paving stones.

Ghostboy

I just finished Down And Dirty Pictures last week. My opinion can be found here.

I felt like I needed to read some uplifting, rather blithely spirited literature, so  I picked:

As I Lay Dying by William Faukner.

Child Of God by Cormac McCarthy.

Myxo

This just shipped today.

Sleuth

I like to hug dogs

Gloria

Finished:

A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess

Half-way through:

White Oleander - Janet Finch

Thrindle

Quote from: GloriaHalf-way through:

White Oleander - Janet Finch

AWESOME BOOK!  Makes the movie suck a big dirty pipe though, I'll tell you that.
Classic.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Quote from: GloriaFinished:

A Clockwork Orange - Anthony Burgess

I read that a while ago, and am about to start on another one of his books "The Wanting Seed."  Anyone read that?
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye