has paul helped you with the ladies?

Started by cron, November 13, 2003, 01:43:55 PM

Vile5

Quote from: Alexandromaybe I'm just a lucky guy, but at this moment, I can't remember one person I can call my friend who didn't liked magnolia, or boogie nights...

...or punch drunk love
yep you're lucky

Quote from: Alexandroambiguious (how the fuck do you spell this?)
ha ha ha.... yeah how the hell you do?!

Quote from: chuckhimselfo
YOU : so do you like movies?
x person: sure
you: what kind of movies'
x person: all kinds , scary movies.
you : you know who paul thomas anderson is?
x person: paul who?
you: paul thomas anderson, pt anderson. PTA for short.
x person: never heard of him
yeah i used to have that kind of conversations long ago, now this is my reality (no that different, but different):

Me: so do you like movies?
x person: sure
Me: and what kind?
x person: all kinds, comedies, you know, Jim Carrey and this black guy, what was his name??
Me: Eddie Murphy??
x person: yeah... i think...
Me: mmm....so listen... i gotta go, take care. bye!
x person: uh, bye
"Wars have never hurt anybody except the people who die." - Salvador Dalí

context, context, context.

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: chuckhimselfomucho hispanoparlante aqui, verdad?

Não
Si

muito obrigato  ...   hey, what's everyones' favorite portuguese movie?!

TheVoiceOfNick

All of my male friends thought Magnolia was the coolest movie, and all of my female friends (including my own girlfriend) hated it... but she hates the Beatles too, so what does she know?

I have had that movie conversation with tons of people... its almost like i can't talk to people about movies anymore, because a PTA flick will eventually be mentioned, and then people will be scared by how much I talk about it... at school its funny... all of the professors hated Magnolia, and all of the students loved it (this is a film major, by the way)...

Pedro

most of the girls ive told to watch magnolia ended up liking it...took some explaining, but overall they dug it...i hang out with a strange crowd, i guess.

meatball

Nothing strange with any of that, Pedro the Wombat!  :-D

Alethia

my gf, who is in high school by the way, constantly bugs me to bring hard eight over so we can watch it cuz she loved boogie nights, liked magnolia, and liked pdl.....she also went to see kill bill with me and she now admits to me that she has in fact marked off feb 20 on her calendar......  :-D

ElPandaRoyal

Quote from: ewardmy gf, who is in high school by the way, constantly bugs me to bring hard eight over so we can watch it cuz she loved boogie nights, liked magnolia, and liked pdl.....she also went to see kill bill with me and she now admits to me that she has in fact marked off feb 20 on her calendar......  :-D

I mark it every year, 'cause it's my birthday  8)

Actually, every girl I've ever met who enjoys movies, loved Magnolia very much. But it's a very respected and liked movie in Portugal, so it's kind of great that I'm far from beeing alone in my love for the movie around here.
Si

mine is february 8 . that means RoyalTenenbaum and I are both acuarius.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

YES!~~PDL TAUGHT ME THINGS ABOUT THA LADEEZ!~~
I saw it like a month after my last gf and I called the quits (meaning she tried to ignore me and I went "fuck!" alot) but overall the movie taught me that I too could stand up for myself, keeping in mind that I shouldn't be ditchin' da ladeez like Barry did without reason. Yeah, that last gf was sick and I went to a party, asked if she wanted to go, and when she said "no" went anyways. Estupido!
I also may be an angry fellow at times, but hopefully I can find those reasons also. I don't have seven sisters, but back in High School, I was surrounded by bastards. The ones who are nice people, right, but they can bug then ignore you 'til you want to rip their heads off, chew them up and vomit them across the room at another person just like him/her? yeah. That I could relate to.
I don't usually have vast conversations about movies that I really like with females that I know because usually they could give a rat's arse about that. They'd rather see a guy HIMSELF be creative instead of talkin' bout someone else who is sometimes. If they want to talk about one o' my movies, I'd be up for that. Give 'em all the reasons for mah love. I used to be even shy, oddly self-concious about showing people these movies, but I showed a friend of mine I thought would hate Boogie Nights and she thought it was hilarious.
PDL Though? If they someone doesn't like it, hey! It's got fuckin' SANDLER in it! They'll think about that instead of my tastes.
Plus, if someone doesn't like PDL at least once, I DON'T LIKE THEM! BAH!

boombanglarrabee

Quote from: chuckhimselfomine is february 8 . that means RoyalTenenbaum and I are both acuarius.
Feb 20th is Pisces, not Aquarius.

AntiDumbFrogQuestion

and also lines like "I can listen" also help. because right now, even though I'm typing, I be listenin to a ladeee. eeeeeee.e.
sothere.

Crash

i've come to learn that girls just say that they things you like if they think your cute/ have money/ or are known to put out... oh wait... anyway, yeah that to that kid who said that girl talked to him on the internet and then said she had to go: she was probably hey yeah that movie's really good i gotta go eat dinner bye. and yeah that wouldn't be cool. so what you should do is test her and see if she knows all of the charecters names and if you think that's too easy then give out two charecters in magnolia and demand her to tell you how they're related. example: jim curring and earl partridge: jim curring is dating claudia gator who's dad, Jimmy Gator, is the host of a kids quiz show named What Do Kids Know? which is produced by Earl Partridge. see what i mean? if she gets this right you need to knock her over the head with a bludgeon and put her on your shoulder and take her away. don't let girls like these get away... they are jubies.... i mean rubies
"Drum roll please...I'm gonna be a screenwriter! Like you!"