Best Film: THE NEW WORLD

THE NOMINEES

Brokeback Mountain
A History of Violence
Me and You and Everyone We Know
The New World
The Squid and the Whale

modage

Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

Jeremy Blackman

Split Infinitive

Hm.  Figures that the best picture winner would be a film that never played in my town or anywhere near it.  Of the five best pic nominees, it's the only one I haven't seen.  Oh well.  I eagerly await the DVD release...
Please don't correct me. It makes me sick.

JG

Quote from: Split Infinitive on April 18, 2006, 05:22:21 PM
Of the five best pic nominees, it's the only one I haven't seen.  Oh well.  I eagerly await the DVD release...

squints

i guess this just proves my theory that when xixax starts talking..i should get my ass to the theater
"The myth by no means finds its adequate objectification in the spoken word. The structure of the scenes and the visible imagery reveal a deeper wisdom than the poet himself is able to put into words and concepts" – Friedrich Nietzsche

I Don't Believe in Beatles

Quote from: squints on April 18, 2006, 10:36:12 PM
i guess this just proves my theory that when xixax starts talking Terrence Malick releases a new film..i should get my ass to the theater
"A film is - or should be - more like music than like fiction. It should be a progression of moods and feelings. The theme, what's behind the emotion, the meaning, all that comes later." --Stanley Kubrick

Pozer

Next year, The Fountain will be in this spot with these EXACT replies.  Including modage's puking smiley, without a doubt.

ono

Nah, I'm thinking Babel.

Fernando

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on April 20, 2006, 02:03:04 PM
Next year, The Fountain Inland Empire will be in this spot with these EXACT replies.  Including modage's puking smiley, without a doubt.

The Fountain will be in close second thou.

ᾦɐļᵲʊʂ

Nah, I'm thinking RV.
"As a matter of fact I only work with the feeling of something magical, something seemingly significant. And to keep it magical I don't want to know the story involved, I just want the hypnotic effect of it somehow seeming significant without knowing why." - Len Lye

grand theft sparrow

No, the 2-disc Criterion release of that will win Best DVD.

MacGuffin

You guys just wait 'til next year when the April Fool's joke is Ratner nominated for Best Director.  :yabbse-wink:
"Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art." - Andy Warhol

Skeleton FilmWorks

modage

Quote from: The Artist Formerly Known As on April 20, 2006, 02:03:04 PM
Next year, The Fountain will be in this spot with these EXACT replies.  Including modage's puking smiley, without a doubt.
why, is the fountain a terrible bore?   :ponder:  i doubt aronofsky is capable.
Christopher Nolan's directive was clear to everyone in the cast and crew: Use CGI only as a last resort.

©brad

Quote from: MacGuffin on April 20, 2006, 04:29:34 PM
You guys just wait 'til next year when the April Fool's joke is Ratner nominated for Best Director.  :yabbse-wink:

the first person to say "that could really happen" gets bitch-slapped.