Ask a Filmmaker

Started by kotte, June 05, 2003, 12:14:10 PM

kotte

Just a random question in times of boredom when I should be writing...

What do you think about the "Ask a Filmmaker" column at IMDB?

I'm not a fan of them I must say but still I find myself there every monday...

I think they should get some other people there once in a while you know...John August did co-write Minority Report and Charlie's Angels but a Coen or PTA he's not...

Wayne's World anyone...I haven't seen anything else fromher so who am I to judge?...

Chris

ReelHotGames

I enjoy reading them, sometimes there are a few pearls in there, but the questions people ask remind me of the ninnies who get up during the Q&A section of Actor's Studio "My name is Brad and I'm an actor, writer and director and MY thoughts on approaching a character are BLAH BLAH BLAH and I was wondering how you might tell ME how to kiss MY OWN ass because it's so purty..."

I get sick of people dolling out their own virtues before askign questions. But like the old saying goes ask an actor how he is and he'll give you his resume.
"Body Count Cinema the Customizable Card Game"
A cinematic CCG coming to a coffee table near you!
www.reelhotgames.com/BodyCountCinema_Home.htm

Sal

I think Penelope is a little too evasive at times.  Like she doesn't like going into depth about the discussion.  Sometimes I notice she doesn't answer questions directly.  I have to agree with Mike, though.  There are pearls in there, but most of the questions asked are meh...

EL__SCORCHO

Quote from: michael alessandroI enjoy reading them, sometimes there are a few pearls in there, but the questions people ask remind me of the ninnies who get up during the Q&A section of Actor's Studio "My name is Brad and I'm an actor, writer and director and MY thoughts on approaching a character are BLAH BLAH BLAH and I was wondering how you might tell ME how to kiss MY OWN ass because it's so purty..."

I get sick of people dolling out their own virtues before askign questions. But like the old saying goes ask an actor how he is and he'll give you his resume.

I know exactly what you mean. I was at a party one time and I met this guy who told me he was a music-video director, he was acting like such a hot shot. So I asked him what videos he'd made, and he said, "Oh well, I haven't made any yet. But I'm GOING to be a music video director". I was like , what the fuck? He was kissing his own ass without even having an ass to kiss. strange.