Printing screenplay

Started by Big A Machine, February 26, 2004, 11:11:43 PM

Big A Machine

What stock of paper should I print my screenplay on? I'm assuming there's an "industry standard," I just don't know what it is.

Anyone who answers this will be placed in my will. THANKS!
Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail.

Raikus

24lbs. paper. Nothing thinner or thicker. White or Bright white is acceptable. Nother colored.

And make sure you brad it with brass brads (preferably in the 1st and 3rd holes of the paper).
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

xerxes

Quote from: Raikus24lbs. paper. Nothing thinner or thicker. White or Bright white is acceptable. Nother colored.

And make sure you brad it with brass brads (preferably in the 1st and 3rd holes of the paper).

i do believe 23 1/2 lbs. is the standard... are you trying to get his script thrown away before its ever read?

MoosethePR

non acidic paper. Nice and smooth

Raikus

Quote from: xerxes
Quote from: Raikus24lbs. paper. Nothing thinner or thicker. White or Bright white is acceptable. Nother colored.

i do believe 23 1/2 lbs. is the standard... are you trying to get his script thrown away before its ever read?
Hey, I'm out there submitting too.

Just trying to thin the competition.
Yes, to dance beneath the diamond sky with one hand waving free, silhouetted by the sea, circled by the circus sands, with all memory and fate driven deep beneath the waves, let me forget about today until tomorrow.

mutinyco

YOU'RE ALL WRONG. USE NEWSPRINT.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

Cecil

Brad size #5 is 1-1/4" long.  For a script over 120 pages (if you want it thrown out) use #6 (1-1/2") brads.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

Link

Quote from: Ceciltoilet paper

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

socketlevel

all these standards seem fucking stupid to me.  so if i've got a brillant script, some asshole's going to throw it out because it's 24lb not 23 1/2 lb.

guess it's a way to create another useless job in an industry that is chalk full of excess.

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

mutinyco

Wrong attitude. Unless you have an agent or an attorney to submit your script directly to stars or chiefs, it's going into the script reader's pile. It's their job to read and cover every script they read -- and the general rule of thumb is that 1 out of every 100 is worthwhile. That means, if some guy is bitter, tired, and has been reading bad scripts from sun up till down, you don't want to do ANYTHING that with upset him.
"I believe in this, and it's been tested by research: he who fucks nuns will later join the church."

-St. Joe

socketlevel

fair enough, just venting.

more of a comment on the industry i guess

-sl-
the one last hit that spent you...

Quote from: socketlevelfair enough, just venting.

more of a comment on the industry i guess

-sl-

They shouldn't have to conform to you.
"We're all one thing, Lieutenant. That's what I've come to realize. Like cells in a body. 'Cept we can't see the body. The way fish can't see the ocean. And so we envy each other. Hurt each other. Hate each other. How silly is that? A heart cell hating a lung cell"

metroshane

Structure is not a bad thing.  Niether is a little discipline.  Those readers actually get stuff hand written on notebook paper sometimes.
We live in an age that reads too much to be intelligent and thinks too much to be beautiful.