The Clementine's Loop

Started by Spike, June 12, 2003, 05:22:49 PM

Spike

For me the endless "The Clementine's Loop" from "Boogie Nights" in the scene when Dirk gets beaten up is one of the most powerful scores ever. I don't know - it just fits so perfectly to the scene - bong bing - bong bing. It's just amazing.
And when you see "Magnolia", then put your ears exactly on the scene, when Sydney Barringer loads the gun of his father. In the background you can hear one more time "The Clementine's Loop".
It's fantastic!
What do you think?
"We're gonna celebrate St. Suck-My-Big-Fat-Fucking-Sausage'a!!!"

finlayr

Yeah I love it too.  Think it works great  and I missed it in Punch-Drunk Love.  I think he should have played it as Barry walked to Lena's apartment and for when the camera dollies into a close-up of them kissing at the door.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME WHERE I CAN FIND IT???  I did a search for Clementine's Loop on Kazaa but no luck!
Filmmaker

Xixax

Quote from: Pas RapportI don't need a dick in my anus to know I absolutely don't want a dick in my anus.
[/size]

oakmanc234

If the 'Loop' was to be inserted into 'PDL', I think it would've been good in the party scene, when the camera slowly closes in on an uncomfortable Barry before he punches/kicks out the glass doors.

Something like: bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bo-SMASH!SMASH!SMASH!
'Welcome the Thunderdome, bitch'

Pedro

Quote from: oakmanc234If the 'Loop' was to be inserted into 'PDL', I think it would've been good in the party scene, when the camera slowly closes in on an uncomfortable Barry before he punches/kicks out the glass doors.

Something like: bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bong, bing bo-SMASH!SMASH!SMASH!
Possibly...but I think that would have prepared the audience for the window smash.  I think that it works better as something that startles the viewer....
but it's still a good idea :-D

filmcritic

The rest of the "Hard Eight" soundtrack is excellent! If you listen in the background when you watch the movie, you can hear a great score from Jon Brion and Michael Penn. For example, the music that plays when the title comes across the screen and the late night scene when John and Clementine drive off to Niagra Falls. Now, if you have the film on DVD, you can click on the 2nd commentary track and hear some of the music when it plays. But what's interesting is the music that plays when Clementine and John drive off doesn't take place in that scene. So, where can you find the music to "Hard Eight"??? I tried Kazaa Lite, but no luck. Can someone please give me a website or some device for the music to the movie besides "Clementine's Loop"?
"You're too kind."
-Richard Roeper

"You're too cruel."
-Roger Ebert

bonanzataz

no no no, if used in PDL they would have used it for the brothers. in fact, they should have. maybe even PSH's intro. just a quick homage to the loop, very subtle, in the background.
The corpses all hang headless and limp bodies with no surprises and the blood drains down like devil's rain we'll bathe tonight I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls Demon I am and face I peel to see your skin turned inside out, 'cause gotta have you on my wall gotta have you on my wall, 'cause I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls collect the heads of little girls and put 'em on my wall hack the heads off little girls and put 'em on my wall I want your skulls I need your skulls I want your skulls I need your skulls

sphinx

pta said he figured he should retire it for pdl...it is an old loop that tires of repeating itself